I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Going LED cluster bulbs..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anguseg is an unknown quantity at this point
Going LED cluster bulbs..

Hey guys, so I gathered a bit of info. Seems like the main 5 illumination bulbs for the cluster are size 74? (Is this correct?)
Those are what's responsible for the actual back light illumination of the cluster. As for the turn signals and warning lights...what size bulb am I looking for? Not the base size, i.e T5, T10...ect. But I need the actual bulb size.
Posted a pic of my Jeep ZJ cluster after I went full LED. Not sure what color filter the Honda clusters have. But I'm looking to go with a 6000k Cool white LED.
Old 03-31-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Going LED cluster bulbs..

can you stop posting under 7th gen root forums?
Find the correct forums to post.
Old 03-31-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anguseg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
can you stop posting under 7th gen root forums?
Find the correct forums to post.
This is regarding a 7th gen civic. Hence posting in the 7th gen civic forum. Is this not where questions belong regarding 7th gen civics?
Old 04-01-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anguseg
This is regarding a 7th gen civic. Hence posting in the 7th gen civic forum. Is this not where questions belong regarding 7th gen civics?
we created new sections to better sort out things when searching for information.
Do you throw your socks on the top of your dinner table?
Old 04-01-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,294 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I swapped the bulbs on my cluster a long time ago for some blue LEDs, I had also inserted some LED strips around the speedo and engine speed gauges to help. If I'm being honest it never looked good. The LED bulbs were far too directional to actually illuminate well, even with the LED strips there were dead spots. I had also scraped off the red tint applied to the back of the the dial back plate thing (idk what to actually call it). The needles were extremely dark and hard to see and the odometer was poorly illuminated. Below is what it turned out to be. I ended up swapping everything back after a while.

The bulbs I used were from the website Super Bright LEDs, they were a T1.5 5mm twist lock. This was back in ~2012 so maybe there is something better out there now, but I was pretty disappointed.

Old 04-01-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ That looks good.

A more realistic # is 2825.... over a larger # 74.