I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

05 lx a/c whole system going off randomly

Old 10-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andym is an unknown quantity at this point
05 lx a/c whole system going off randomly

05 civic lx 124,000miles only owner me,
the a/c system and cabin blower shutting down randomly, at first I thought it was the battery and replace it and I also cleaned the battery ground that goes to chassis and engine but it didn't change nothing. Also the headlights flickering when it happens

I'm guessing I can't be the only with this issue?
Old 10-14-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 05 lx a/c whole system going off randomly

What about lights flickering?

If the blower fan in the dash quits, the HVAC system WILL turn off the AC compressor.
Fix the blower fan problem first.

If you can smack the bottom of the fan motor and it starts working again, the motor is bad. (or wiring problem, but motor failure is probably more common)
I don't suspect the power transistor yet because you seem to indicate the fan only quits intermittently.
Old 10-14-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What about lights flickering?

If the blower fan in the dash quits, the HVAC system WILL turn off the AC compressor.
Fix the blower fan problem first.

If you can smack the bottom of the fan motor and it starts working again, the motor is bad. (or wiring problem, but motor failure is probably more common)
I don't suspect the power transistor yet because you seem to indicate the fan only quits intermittently.
Wow, thanks you so much for letting me know, now I know where to focus on cause the fan motor have been making a noise on lower-med speed like sign of wear.
The first symptoms I once noticed was flickering dashboard instrument lights, the radio went off and air system too, that happened once and I thought immediately it had to be the battery since it was a Walmart low cost battery and not exact fit which I used for over a year. I replaced the battery for other brand but the problem continues now with the dashboard fan motor hvac and headlights flickering at night​​
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Wow, thanks you so much for letting me know, now I know where to focus on cause the fan motor have been making a noise on lower-med speed like sign of wear.
The first symptoms I once noticed was flickering dashboard instrument lights, the radio went off and air system too, that happened once and I thought immediately it had to be the battery since it was a Walmart low cost battery and not exact fit which I used for over a year. I replaced the battery for other brand but the problem continues now with the dashboard fan motor hvac and headlights flickering at night​​