I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

key fob and turn signal issue after break in

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
key fob and turn signal issue after break in

long story short, thief smashed my window, whole center console ripped out. so no HVAC, no head unit, no hazards etc...

looks like the wiring harness is intact, the thief only cut my scanguage cable so no big problems. im planning to make a claim soon with the insurance company, but im trying to figure out whats causing some of the electrical problems.

some of the fog light wiring got knocked loose so that messed up the backup light fuse, replaced that.

whats left is that my turn signals and key fob to unlock the doors do not work. im wondering are these two connected to the hazard lights on the enter console? power door locks work. fuses looked to be fine. any tips? anything else i should check for before i make my claim? i already filed a police report. thanks.

2002 honda civic ex.
Old 02-03-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: key fob and turn signal issue after break in

Make the insurance cover the electrical work, have a dealer do it?
Old 02-04-2012
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about

yea I will make sure the insurance company will cover it. but i just want to make sure i know whats going on with the electrical stuff. so i dont get problems in the future becuase of all this.
Old 02-04-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

If your hazard button is gone the signals will not operate.

Will the fob lock ??

Is backup fuse still o.k. ??
Old 02-04-2012
Registered!!

backup fuse was first thing i replaced yesterday. key fob started working today. but yes the hazard button is gone cuz the whole center console was taken.