I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Stereo Wiring Harness Adapter.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006
Pretty friggin old-school member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light
Stereo Wiring Harness Adapter.

I bought the adapter from wally world a few weeks back in anticipation for my new head unit. Since then, the instructions have been misplaced. Does anyone happed to have thiers laying around, or know where I can find them online somewhere.

I know what most of the colors are, but not sure on others.

Thanks for everyones help
Old 01-23-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
do you remember the brand?

Also if it is new head unit, look for a sticker on the bottom telling you what the wires are for. And most of the aftermarket adapter wires are labeled.
Old 01-24-2006

silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light
i believe its scosche. I went to the website but i could not find any instructions posted. I havent purchased the new head unit yet. Will the common speaker colors match up most likely? thats the biggest deal. I dont want my back right speaker ending up my front left. ya know
Old 01-24-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
You could try www.metraonline.com the colors may be universal ? Also some mfgrs print the destination on the wire itself.
Old 01-24-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Instructions

1. Match colors and connect wires together
2. Listen to music
Old 01-24-2006
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
^ x 2 lol... 99.9% of the time aftermarket head units and aftermarket wiring harnesses will be color coordinated... if not, grab a piece of paper and a pen and go back to Wal-Mart and write down the wiring diagram on the back of the bag the harness came in lol...
Old 01-24-2006

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
yeah - it's very easy these days as most of the colors match right up.

Mega got it
Old 01-24-2006

i ended up just getting another, since it was super cheap through best buy with wifes discount.

the only thing i think i would have had any question about would have been the Illumination wire and Dimmer Wire.
Old 01-24-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
leave those alone, ive heard of people burning out their gauge clusters when hooking up that wire. if anything, hook the illumination wire to 12v switched power.
Old 01-25-2006

well i just hooked the illumination strait to the one for the harness. I left the dimmer alone. The harness had no wire for a dimmer anyways