I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

battery relocation & positioning

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicSF should not be trustedCivicSF should not be trusted
battery relocation & positioning

about to relocate my battery into the trunk and add a second one as well. need to lay the battery down in the sparetire compartment to clear the trunkmat above as it lies on top of the battery. does the honda stock battery function normally when turned parallel with the ground rather than sitting upright?
Old 10-16-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
I'd be afraid to lay it flat as it's not a sealed battery. It may possibly leak. Why not build a abttery box in the spare well (with adequate ventilation of course) and raise the trunk floor a tad?
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a moroso battery relocation box, comes as a kit with everything you need.
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
yea putting the battery on it's side prob. isn't that good of an idea (unless it says otherwise on the battery itself)
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
definitely can't lay the stock battery on its side.

I would also ask yourself why you want to relocate it. It messes with your weight distribution. the car will assuredly handle like a cow if you lighten the front and weigh down the back.

your best bet would be those battery boxes. you can get them from kragens for 13 bucks. if you put it as far forward in the trunk as you can on the passenger side, youll have the least impact on cornering ability.

and I sure as heck would keep the stock battery up front!
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

CivicSF should not be trustedCivicSF should not be trusted
guess i'll be grabbin a sealed optima battery when i can. i want to start opening up the front end to make the installation of a turbo or k20a2 easier, but more importantly i have one monitor, laptop, xbox, electric pad heater all running when i'm parked on the lakeside. the second battery would keep things going longer without running the car. and i want another few monitors for a rear trunk cam etc.... also gettin the 600 watt amp wired up, just need a subwoofer
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
I cant recommend enough to keep that battery up front.

and to push the second one as far forward along with the subbox to get the weight as far forward as you can. Id also put the weaight primarily on the passenger side to help even things out when sitting alone in the car. if you want to see what I mean, put a bench press 50 pound weight right under your drivers side tail light and try to drive quickly through a freeway onramp.

for accessories, I would make sure that your batteries are UNlinked when you are running the accessories with the car off, but are linked always when the motor is running. think long and hard about that stage, its important that they arent linked! you can imagine what would happen if you simply wired all your batteries in parrallel and started watching several movies with the car off at high volume....