Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Guys please help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smokahontas123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Guys please help!!!!!!!!

This might sound kind of odd but here we go. For the past month my battery had died randomly after my car was shut off. I had to be jumped about 3 times. The final time my car didn't start right off. Yet, it was rather difficult but we got it. The next day, i tried to start it and it just clicked. Just once and lost power in the entire car. I was confused so i threw my battery on a charger and left my house. I came back and my brother said he moved it twice to get to the garage and once again, it died when i tried it. Here we go for the spooky things... Anyways, i took the battery out and had it tested at AutoZone, it was a good battery. And it wasn't the alternator either. so thats when we looked at the terminals and the connections. Turns out there was a small metal cap on the red one, so we took it off. The car started and then it dies. Oh , forgot but we put new terminals on. it doesn't die like it did when i lost all power in the car, the engine just gave out or stopped running. I have to take key out and put it back in in order to get it to fully start. if not it just turns over. Now get this, My car is an automatic, and ya know has P,R,N,D,D3,2. ANYWAYS, the 2 stays lit up, and the d blinks repetitively, and the d3 comes on and then goes off. Plus, theres a clicking sound when i hit the gas while the cars on. Any ideas??????

its a 2002 honda civic ex, 2 door, auto transmission. 1.7 vtec small block, and us

no mice.

and the running time varies and i am not having an issue with the green key symbol

Last edited by Smokahontas123; 07-22-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Guys please help!!!!!!!!

This might sound kind of odd but here we go
What kind of car do you have?
Year, model, trim, engine, #doors, and are you in the US or Canada?

and the d blinks repetitively
This means there are fault codes related to the trans. Got code reader?

Got mice?
The car started and then it dies.
How long does it run? 2 seconds? 30 seconds?

What does the green key symbol do after the engine stalls?

Plus, theres a clicking sound when i hit the gas while the cars on.
Clicking sound from WHERE?

How many miles on the car?
What all has been done to the car recently? Alternator? Timing belt?