General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Observations...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015
LSC
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Observations...

Im new here. Not to be a jerk but I have been scanning so many threads and am a bit flumoxed wen someone says in the Mechanic and Fix it Forum to "Just take it to the Shop or Dealer". Whats the point of that type of reply on the Fix it forum. If you dont know how to fix it dont post on the guys thread. Some of us actually enjoy working on our OWN cars. Its a learning experience.

Thanks to all the Shade Tree guys that offer great advice too! There is a lot of knowledge out there as well!

I for one have never taken a car to the shop. Ive been working on them since I was 15 yrs old. I enjoy it. Id be embarrassed taking my car to the shop. Letting them have all the fun.
Old 06-21-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Observations...

Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by LSC
If you dont know how to fix it dont post on the guys thread. Some of us actually enjoy working on our OWN cars. Its a learning experience.
Please keep in mind that not everybody is at the same experience level. For many of us here (me included), our Civics are our sole means of transportation and taking them off the road could cost us our livelihoods. People like us simply don't have the time, space or maybe even automotive knowledge to leave half of our engines dismantled on the garage floor (or in the parking lot) while we try to figure out a problem and/or wait for parts to ship.
Old 06-21-2015
LSC
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poopies
Welcome to the forum!

Please keep in mind that not everybody is at the same experience level. For many of us here (me included), our Civics are our sole means of transportation and taking them off the road could cost us our livelihoods. People like us simply don't have the time, space or maybe even automotive knowledge to leave half of our engines dismantled on the garage floor (or in the parking lot) while we try to figure out a problem and/or wait for parts to ship.

For the record I was not referring to my thread that you did reply too and I appreciate your input on that thread as well as this one.

I was referring to random threads within the whole forum. As threads build they can get interesting but some folks just put a dead space in some of them with their take it to the dealer response. Again...If you are in the Fix it thread and dont have anything to contribute to the actual act of repair, why interject? There are so many other threads devoted to that just like this one.

I just got my Civic 2004 a couple days ago. I paid $2K. The body is good but it needs paint. The interior is clean enough. The engine and drivetrain seem real nice. The AC however really doesn't work like my Corolla. The Cruise Control doesn't work at all even though the little green light lights up on the button but not te instrument panel. The wheels grab a bit and want to return on tight curves. Over all I think I got my moneys worth despite the 171K mileage reading.
Old 06-22-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

one of the reasons some of us says to take the car to the shop is because the guy asking cannot even explain well what's going on, and even so they try to explain with words, not pictures... No way, i am not telepathic
Old 06-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
one of the reasons some of us says to take the car to the shop is because the guy asking cannot even explain well what's going on, and even so they try to explain with words, not pictures... No way, i am not telepathic
wait your telling me that you can't diagnose this over the interwebz with certitude?

''When taking tight curves a bit fast I feel a bounce back like the wheel want to return to center''
Old 06-22-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

^Touche!