I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Dimmer Wire/Illumination Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Question Dimmer Wire/Illumination Issues?

I just put a new deck in and I hooked up the dimmer wire (orange/white) on the Honda Wiring Harness because the Pioneer deck had a dimmer wire (orange/white). Now by doing this the buttons will light up when you switch the parking lights on even when the deck is turned off. For some reason the lights on my deck flicker continuously when I do this, but lights up perfectly fine when I turn the deck on. Could this be a defect or is the orange/white wire on the Honda harness not the right one (there's a solid orange on also) ?

Thanks

I feel dumb.
Old 08-01-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
try the solid orange...
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
seems like it would be a problem w/the deck. Contact pioneer about this, the illumination wire is a constant, which should'nt cause this.

wiring diagram
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=153833

says black/red but this doesnt seem right to me. I think i remember connecting mine to something orange also
Old 08-01-2005
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think I even used the orange wires...
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I didnt need them either cuz they didnt match up so I just capped it off. My apline works fine w/ or w/o the lights turned on. I say recheck ur wiring
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Megahurtz was correct. Just because the colors on the wires match up, doesn't mean they actually match up. Solid orange was illumination, and Pioneer it is Orange/white so read the packaging.

Thanks man, Repped!
Old 08-01-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Reason its flickering is your illumination ****. Adjust it left or right at it will stop flickering.
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
Reason its flickering is your illumination ****. Adjust it left or right at it will stop flickering.
The little **** in the instrument cluster is the dimmer switch, that's what I hooked it up to before and that's why it was flickering. But I hooked up the illumination wire, and it is fine.