I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Focal vs. Boston *updated*

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
no worries, youd have every right to kick my *** if I was recommending anything boston makes over polyglass or polykev without even hearing them!

right now I am doing a sort of "back to basics" thing in my car. going down to the smallest detail of stage positioning and causation, all the fundamentals of tonality, whether flat is really the best way for the frequency response, what causes width and distribution, etc, etc. I dont see any need to purchase expensive speakers to do this, in fact I see it as a waste of money. ever hear the phrase "poor install makes good speakers sound bad"? it's said of the sound stage, it's said of passive crossovers, its said of tuning settings. why should I pay $600 for speakers if I can't make them sound any better than $50 speakers?

with that in mind, my stage consists of an Aura 3" driver that cost me $10.50 a pop, and tang band 6's purchased from a friend for $25 a pop. and my car sounds better right this second that it ever has in the history of my car.

pretty amazing, actually.