General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Help-LF Base Model Honda 4 DD/Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AffliictiioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Help-LF Base Model Honda 4 DD/Tuner

hey, love the page. keep up the good work. could use a little input... i live in the suburbs of boston, ma... looking to get into the tuner scene, a beginner project car if you will, i will be doing as much of the work myself as possible, as i have quite a good amount of tools and technical/auto mechanical know how. after working on my ex gfs honda, and owning a 2005 cadillac cts... i promised myself my next car would be a honda LOL cadillac was NOTHING but expensive problems, which of course werent covered by the warranty i bought, whereas i was able to do pulleys and many upgrades/repairs on her car with ease and relatively cheap! anyways, i'm looking to get a base model civic or something short money that i can have some fun with, yet be an every day driver. on craigslist in my area there are alot of civics, but im looking for one thats pretty much stock, with little/no body damage/dents. any engines/years to keep away from/steer towards? i kno i def need a vtec engine. my ex gfs dads honda, watever engine it had, was scarily slow getting on highway/etc lol def dont want nonna that... any/all help would be appreciated. thanks guys.
Old 09-10-2015
Registered!!

Re: Help-LF Base Model Honda 4 DD/Tuner

looking between a super clean 98 prelude with 134k, and a 00&02 2 clean looking accords with 150k each... all bone stock, real dry clean looking engine bays, no body damage on any of them... all priced asking $2500-3000
Old 09-10-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I deleted your other thread since it was in the wrong section and the same as this one. I also moved this one to the correct section.
Old 09-10-2015
Registered!!

thank you, appreciate that... real clean looking es1 btw bud. realli diggin that clean *** look! bet you dont get pulled over all that much? lol ps, i subbed u on youtube, and commented on how sick ur exhaust sounded haha

Last edited by AffliictiioN; 09-10-2015 at 08:17 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
Old 09-10-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. No I don't get pulled over, but I also don't drive like I used too (almost lost my license due to to many points). The muffler is what turned me onto HKS and how great their quality is. I think it makes the 4 banger sound pretty good.

My brother has a 98 Prelude and it is an excellent car with a great motor in it. It's not fast but quick and has lots of potential. What are your goals for this project car? Straight line crazy fast? Track only? Street worthy? Budget? Honda makes economy cars so to make one "fast" swaps snd turbos come into play.
Old 09-10-2015
Registered!!

yea, true... i feel u bro. def repped hks hard for me rite there, always knew they were a kickass brand... im getting older now as well... low budget, just something i can tinker with, and have some fun with on the street. little extra power, little extra noise, nice response/torque... nothing crazy. probly do intake, exhaust, pulleys, n some custom appearance/sound mods to get me started. maybe turbo a lil ways down the line. plenty of local clean cars to work with in the 2500-3500$ range... just not sure if all engines r vtech, or only si's or, if the 1.7l are all vtec, n if the 1.7l is a stable/workable platform for what im looking to do, or if there is a bigger engline i should be looking out for... dont want to get tired with a small engine and wish i didnt spend $ on it... as i know no $ you put into a car will ever come back to you lol its a passion thing. im looking to make a fun daily driver, that i can keep looking hella clean, but have some fun if/when i want to... whats the deal with radar detectors nowadays? i never see/hear of them anymore... ive been meaning to ask lol do they still function with modern cop tech? or are they obselete? im shocked none of my friends have them anymore!
Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

and whats the deal with these youtube videos im seeing where dyno tests 'confirm' that cold air intakes etc are actually less effective than the stock air boxes?! this is news to me, but the videos seem pretty legit... and also, far as the resonators go, i live in massachusetts, is it against emissions to remove the resonator? i had exhaust done on my 4.6l town car before and had it taken out cuz the guy said it wasnt illegal to remove, and itll add power, but be much louder (my goal at the time) lol so should i go with a diff resonator? or remove all together? any help/info would be appreciated... idk how 85 ppl can look at this post, yet nobody but the mod who moved me feels like they have anything valuable to say? lol ok...
Old 09-13-2015
Prelude Owner

Radar detectors have evolved with the times and can alert other detectors of a threat. nig sure why everyone doesn't use them, maybe they are not as effective nowadays.

I don't know your local laws so you will have to check. My state doesn't check resonators or sound ratings.

If you can find a 2000 Si with a B series un touched you are set. It might be easier finding Jimmy Hoffa though!
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

ok kool. ty for the input bud... yea mass is usually among the stricter states with errything... ill have to look into it... the 1.7l engine seems to be the most common, only hondas that arent si's with a engine bigger than the 1.7l r the accords i seem to find which have 2.3l engines... so its either an 2.0l si, or a 2.3l accord? im not talking anything new, used, low budget, but cleannnn... i see q few nice ones for mid 2's-3k$...

for the bigger than 1.7l engines...
theres this prelude im interested in
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5210338938.html

and this accord, but i think its priced high
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/5221091076.html

then theres these 2 seem nice for short $
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5219646163.html
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5221016656.html

input?
Old 09-15-2015
Registered!!

ok, so... at this point in time, over 120+ people have viewed my post here, on a honda civic tuner/mod forum... and i PRESUME that MOST of u are ACTUAL enthusiasts, and ACTUALLY know (...or at least SOMEWHAT know) what you're talking about... so NOBODY can be bothered to give me some input? ...thats fcukin CRAZY to me... its all good tho, ill just go reg on clubcivic.com or some other honda tuner forum(s)... i find it HARD to believe that on ANY of these other honda tuner forums there would be 120+ people that look at my post yet not a single one of them (besides the mod who informed me/moved my post to the appropriate thread) would be kool enough to give me some input/advice...watever
Old 09-16-2015
Registered!!

hahaha and 40 more ppl come n say nothing... u guys r fcukin weakkkk
Old 09-16-2015
Prelude Owner

The Prelude would be best IMO. Good motor for what you want to do. The 1.7 is an economy motor. I don't know much about the F that is in the Accord.
Old 09-16-2015
Registered!!

yea bro, i wish i had money id scoop up that prelude right now... really love the prelude body style, things small too, must be quick std w/that 2.3... only one i can find anywhere around thats so damn clean... thanks for the input bro. imma save up and hunt for a prelude, wish me luck. imma pray that ones still around when i get my $ together, highly doubt it though... ill come back in a cpl months n post what ive found. =)

Last edited by AffliictiioN; 09-16-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: cuz...