I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

capacitor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005
slave to the freaky ass booty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTEK2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
capacitor wiring

hey i duno if someone posted this b4, but does anyone know know to connect a capacitor? it seems like an easy job, but i just wana make sure i kno what im doin...thanks...this is the one i got...
Old 04-03-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Easy.. its a piece of cake. Run your power wire to the capacitor + positive post, and run a second wire from the + positive post on the capacitor to the amp. All you have to do after that is connect a ground wire to the - negative post on the capacitor, and find a good grounding point.

btw, you don't have to post 3 times. Once is good enough.
Old 04-03-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
damn, not one post, not two, but three!
LOL
Old 04-03-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
check rockford fosgate or google it and you may even get some pics for wiring
Old 04-03-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Positive to positive in, negative to negative in, pos out to pos on amp, neg out to neg on amp, keep it within 18 inches of the amp.
Old 04-03-2005
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
^^ nooo, ground amp to the frame, ground cap to the frame. Only the positive should be connected to the cap.
Old 04-03-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mystic3030
^^ nooo, ground amp to the frame, ground cap to the frame. Only the positive should be connected to the cap.
Damned ****... I'm quitting being on 3 things at one time... you should see how I told a guy to wire speakers in another forum...

Last edited by PopcornPlaya; 04-03-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
here you go
Old 04-03-2005

thanks...and sorry about posting 3 times..it said there was an error wen i was posting it so i just kept hitting post til it work..then i saw 3...
Old 04-03-2005
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
I'm gonna be installing my cap soon too, and I was actually wondering the same thing..

Can I ground the capacitor in the same spot where my amp is grounded? I had a hard time as it is finding a ground in my trunk, don't think I could find a separate spot for the cap.
Old 04-03-2005

Originally Posted by NoiSe
I had a hard time as it is finding a ground in my trunk, don't think I could find a separate spot for the cap.
If you want a seperate ground point, just sand off the paint. It won't ground if there is paint. Once you sand off the paint, drill a hole, and connect the grounding wire there.

btw, I grounded my cap and amp to the same grounding point. I've had no problems with it.
Old 04-03-2005
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by phuviano
btw, I grounded my cap and amp to the same grounding point. I've had no problems with it.
cool, that's what I'm gonna do
Old 04-03-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
hey... is hooking up an extra battery the same as hooking up a cap???
Old 04-04-2005

wat kind of wire should i use? someone told me to use 8 gauge, but i wana make sure...
Old 04-04-2005

Originally Posted by VTEK2k2
wat kind of wire should i use? someone told me to use 8 gauge, but i wana make sure...
What kind of wiring are you currently using?? I'm using 4 gauge for all my wiring.

How much watts RMS are you running??

I've never believed in 8 gauge wire. I'm only running 300 RMS and I'm using 4 gauge. I say use 4 gauge wire or thicker.
Old 04-04-2005

500rms...this is the amp i got.
http://rockfordfosgate.com/products/...h%20Amplifiers
Old 04-05-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Originally Posted by umysugarmami
hey... is hooking up an extra battery the same as hooking up a cap???
No, an additional battery requires an additional piece to keep both charged... I'm forgetting the word right now. A second battery is also guranteed to do something for dimming, where as caps do not always work.