I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

pricing for diamond audio products?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LiceLocket is an unknown quantity at this point
pricing for diamond audio products?

someobdy i know is selling his diamond audio stuff to me, but i dunno if its a good deal or not since diamond audio isn't sold in the net, so its hard to compare pricing. here's what he is offering for $2000:

two TDX 12 inch subwoofers (1500RMS W each)
a diamond audio subwoofer amp (not sure which model it is, but he says it delivers 1000W to each sub)
a 400x4 W amp for component speakers
two capacitors (not sure what brand or specs)
two HEX components for back and front
pioneer DVD player (no screen so if i want to watch movies, i'd have to buy a separate screen, i'm not sure which model)
professional installation (from former good guys employee) included

my current system is:
one diamond 10inch cm3 sub (500rms W)
american pro 300x2W subwoofer amp
alpine cda9807
stock speakers

so... is this a good deal or not. he claims its really worth 8000$ (he bought it for 2500$ cuz the ppl who sold it to him are his friends at some audio store) but that seems a little much from my estimate, but then again, i dunno much about pricing since i'm new to car audio. i've heard this system in his car, and its just awesome. i plan to put this system in my honda civic 96 EX coupe.

Last edited by LiceLocket; 08-12-2003 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Full rip on the system MIGHT have been $8000. My system is about like that one. . . with screens, etc. . . and a lot of custom install.

I'd say it was no $8000, but for $2000 it's a steal of a deal. . . as long as the stuff is in great shape, I'd jump on it!

The 1000W to each sub. . . that's probably the 1200.1 amp. I have one, and at PEAK it delivers around 1000W to each of my M6 12" subs. RMS, about 600W each. I'd ask him if what he said was peak or RMS.

Amp alone: $1000
Subs: about $1000
Components: about $600-800 (maybe more)
Amp for speakers. . .what brand?
DVD player. . .really depends on model

Still, it does sound like a very good deal, and let me tell you that you'll LOVE how it all sounds.

Note: The components for the rear. . . dunno how you'll make those work. . . I used M3 6x9s back there. No M6 or HEX in that size.

Let us know what you do, bro!
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
Sounds great to me .....
Old 08-12-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like a pretty good deal....the components in the rear are cake though. Just make an MDF cutout in the shape of a 6x9 (if you have a coupe that is) and mount the components in that. If it were me though, I could have custom door panels made (or make them yourself) and put both sets in the door, or one set in the door and one in the kick panels. Tweeters behind you can cause some weird stage effects.
Old 08-12-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
before you do it though, id bring us some model numbers and stuff

also, if you wanna kill the price a bit tell him to not ue the capacitors regardless of what bs he tries to spew you
Old 08-12-2003
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Overall, that deal sounds great. Diamond Audio makes some kick *** stuff that can go loud as hell.
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

LiceLocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by LudlamTheory
before you do it though, id bring us some model numbers and stuff

also, if you wanna kill the price a bit tell him to not ue the capacitors regardless of what bs he tries to spew you
the subs and amp seem to be worth 2000$ alone, it seems he just wants to get rid of everything to get an even better system. he knows that i just bought a HU like a few days ago, but he still wants to give me his dvd player ($600 when he bought it less than half a year ago). is ther anything bad about taking the caps? he doesn't want to leave any accessories behind, and seems like he just wants to get rid of everything rather than earn some money (he's pretty rich, i think he'll maybe use my 2k to buy a soda or something).
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Honestly, this is what I'm doing with my system. . . . .

(Yes, I make pretty decent bank at work)

Selling Diamond 12" M5 subs and custom box for about $800, and my DVD LCD receiver for around $1500 (including 4-year warranty) and it's only 6 weeks old. Also, the DVD changer I have. . . MSRP is $1100. . . I'm selling for $550, and it's never even been used.

Face it, sometimes things like this are hard to move unless they're priced to GO. I hate waiting around for people to get interested ONLY when they think the price will drop. I do that from the beginning. I like to call it "No-bullshit sales tactics".
Old 08-14-2003
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Sad part is that when people quote retail prices, and they're selling it at half of retail, it's a pretty good deal. The problem is that pretty much any car audio electronics can be found online at less than half of retail if you know where to look... Granted you don't get a warranty, but most of the time you don't get one when you buy it from a private party either.... It's tough for people that actually do pay retail and the try and sell them....