Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

looking ta add a killer suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hifive is an unknown quantity at this point
looking ta add a killer suspension

got a 2006 civic sedan that i want to put plenty of money into motor,wheels,seating,brake upgrade and much more but for now my struts are bounce and it dont ride that great on bumpy roads i want to change my hole suspension whats a good suspension that rides well over bumpy roads but can handle like a ferrari on a race track any idea's ??
Old 07-13-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: looking ta add a killer suspension

....that's not possible.

For comfort on bumpy roads you want soft suspension.

For handling you want stiff suspension.

You could try to find electronically controlled multi dampening suspension, like a mag ride system... but that's some serious cash money.
Old 07-13-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Adjustable damping is what you want to look at.

I personally like Tein suspensions, ran with the Tein Super Street coilovers on my 2002 civic for 13 years. Full soft setting was genuinely super soft, and the hardest setting was hella hard. I had mine set to 6 (front) and 4 (rear) for daily driving, with 1 being the hardest and 16 being softest. Hard enough for the road to give me some "haptic feedback" (seriously allowed me to react faster, at least it felt that way), different settings to adjust for understeer, but not so hard that ride quality was sacrificed too much. It was still rather comfy with a race-like feel to it. I should note that they discontinued the Super Street coilovers, but they modeled the Street Advance series after them, with some improvements. They also have the EDFC, which allows remote control of the little valves on the strut tops, so you can change them from your driver's seat.
Old 07-13-2019
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac25
....that's not possible.

For comfort on bumpy roads you want soft suspension.

For handling you want stiff suspension.

You could try to find electronically controlled multi dampening suspension, like a mag ride system... but that's some serious cash money.

BOSE'S makes a "Electromagnet suspension"- its the ultimate in suspensions. its what some really high end vehicles use even
"Police Intercepters use it." keep's the vehicle glued to the road and riding like its on rails. with no body roll. good luck finding one for 2006 civic though if hifive can find a suplier it wont be a cheap modification.