Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Derek Sholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Springs

I'm planning on getting my civic lowered. I just need to know how much I should drop for front & rear to be on the safe side from scrapping?
Old 09-07-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Springs

Conservative 1-1.5" drops usually good to go

what year/trim do you have?

edit: was lowered with tein s-techs for a while on my 2002 (1.3/1.4" lowering F/R) with zero issues. Then I lowered with Tein SS-P coilovers, about 2-3" lowered (lowering is approximate it was about an inch above the lowest adjustment), and had minimal issues. Only scraping I had were on steep driveways and big speedbumps, and even then those scrapes were fairly inconsequential. I was able to take it down a dirt road to a local shooting spot, if that helps at all. It really depends on the kind of roads you're gonna be driving on regularly
Old 09-07-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

The exhaust is the main low point. You can have an exhaust shop weld it up higher, and drop quite low.

You can also run square tubing on the exhaust, if you want it hella flush. (Not the safest for driving around town though, any slight hills/drive ways will scrape)
Old 09-07-2019
Registered!!

Ok. 1.2 in F & 1.5 in R is what I was planning on. Would that be good? I have 14 civic sedan ex.
Old 09-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like twin s-techs will give you about the drop you want. 1.6/1.2 F/R. Couldn't tell you why they drop the rear more, but that's how they spec them, but that's how it is. P/n SKHC8-AUB00. About $200

Eibach pro kit (p/n 4087.140) gives a 1.2/0.7" drop F/R. About $250-300
Old 09-11-2019
Registered!!

Why drop so much for Front?
Old 09-11-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Conservative 1-1.5" drops usually good to go

what year/trim do you have?

edit: was lowered with tein s-techs for a while on my 2002 (1.3/1.4" lowering F/R) with zero issues. Then I lowered with Tein SS-P coilovers, about 2-3" lowered (lowering is approximate it was about an inch above the lowest adjustment), and had minimal issues. Only scraping I had were on steep driveways and big speedbumps, and even then those scrapes were fairly inconsequential. I was able to take it down a dirt road to a local shooting spot, if that helps at all. It really depends on the kind of roads you're gonna be driving on regularly
Ok thx. That's the measurements that I'll will probably go with. I just want to make sure that I have enough gap so that I won't rub.
Old 09-11-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Derek Sholes
Why drop so much for Front?
My guess: because racecar. Lower the front more than the rear forces more air above the car than below the car. Thinking of your car as a wedge, if air is blasting the top more than the bottom, it's gonna kinda produce more downforce. On the flip side, it's gonna create a faster moving stream of air over the top of the car and produce lift (think airplane wing). Honestly, looking at the big picture, it's all for the look. No street modder is really gonna think of it that hardcore.