Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Good suspension for my 4 door??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumpin4door is an unknown quantity at this point
Good suspension for my 4 door??

hey everyone, im looking to change my suspension on my 05 lx sedan. im not looking for anything crazy. i dont want the top of the line sport suspension just something better than my stock suspension. i just cant stand how my car reacts on a turn. im looking for something affordable. something that will make me feel safer while turning lol. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Hanzo has a spectacular aura aboutHanzo has a spectacular aura aboutHanzo has a spectacular aura about
Re: Good suspension for my 4 door??

It really depends on what you want in a suspension set up. Do you want it adjustable? (As in being able to lower it and make it higher whenever you please?) If you do then most people would suggest for you to get a coilover setup. If you want a stiffer ride and a decent drop most people will suggest a spring strut combo. It really all depends on how low you wanna go and how stiff you want your ride to be.
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

hayasa015 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have tein super streets they are not bad. alittle too soft for autox though but i think good for the street. plus tein will rebuild them.
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

i want something stiff and something a little bit lower than stock. but like the other day a friend of mine was driving my car in a lot and just kept going in a circle and you can see how shitty the suspension is. it almost looks as though the car is about to flip over lol
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

something lower than stock and a little stiffer then go with new springs and struts
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

would a new set of springs and struts improve my turning more or less than coilovers?
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Hanzo has a spectacular aura aboutHanzo has a spectacular aura aboutHanzo has a spectacular aura about

if its a better turning ratio you are looking for you may want to look into installing strut bars as well
Old 06-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

better tires will improve cornering much more than lowering springs and shocks.
Old 06-11-2009
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hanzo
if its a better turning ratio you are looking for you may want to look into installing strut bars as well
Strut bars and chassis bracing have Zero influence on the cars turning radius or ratio.

bumpin4door, a couple of things you can do for little $$ to make the car turn better.

1. Optimize the cars alignment. aka, NON-OEM alignment
2. buy better tires (more grippe)
3. Install good aftermarket dampers (shocks)
4. install an RSX's rear anti-roll bar (either the 19 or 21mm one will be fine for your needs)
Old 06-12-2009
Registered!!

dads5150civic is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Eibach Pro-kit sportsprings with KYB struts/shocks. It lowers the car 1" while still keeping a comfy ride for commuting. Then I'd suggest a better front sway-bar, the DC5 rear sway-bar, and maybe front, and even rear, strut tower braces. You definitely want to make sure you have good tires, or the rest of the suspension work will be meaningless!
I originally had the neuspeed racing springs that lowered the car 2.25", and it cost me a front lip and scars on my exhaust from all the damn speed bumps and steep driveways we have have here in Portland.
Old 06-20-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with some decent tires and maybe keep the stock suspension but pop some ES polyurethane bushings to help your cornering... You won't get your drop but you will definitely see a huge improvement. Search google for the top rated handling tires, and the bushings are all over the place.
Old 06-20-2009
Registered!!

murda_civic26 will become famous soon enough

http://www.skunk2.com/suspension_tuning.php
everything you want is right here. i'd suggest lowering springs. strut bars. and definitely front and rear kit camber kits. as for the tires thing, what kind of tires do you have?
Old 06-21-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have almost every suspension upgrade possible, including front/rear upgrade sway endlinks and ES bushings, ES motor mount and lca bushings, strut bars, sway bars, lowering springs and upgrade shocks, none of it counts for anything with the cheapo tires i have now. the car handles like its stock.
Old 06-21-2009
Registered!!

murda_civic26 will become famous soon enough

tires do have alot to do with it. Also, from my personal experience: the camber has even more to do with it. depending on how your toe is adjusted, your car can handle turns much more aggressively even with stock tires.