Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Fog light wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2021
Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cmstackx is an unknown quantity at this point
Fog light wiring question

I bought this 2007 civic lx coupe a few weeks ago.. the fog lights don’t work, wiring is melted. I ordered a new wire harness for it and a separate switch.. the wire harness comes with the relay, fuse and a two wire built in on off switch.. it has two wires that go to the battery, a ground and a power wire, and it has two wires that go to the switch.. I want to use the switch I purchased because it fits in my console next to the mirror controls.. the switch I have for the console has 4 wires, ground, one to the lights, one to accessory power and one to constant power. Since the relay has two wires going to the battery and also two wires going to the harness included switch, do I connect the two wires to the battery and then cut the two wires from the included switch and hook them to the ground and acc power on the new switch? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-28-2021
Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cmstackx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fog light wiring question

ooks like I’m incorrect, the harness included switch does have 4 wires, a black ground, a red acc wire coming from the relay and a white wire and a blue wire going directly into the switch.. I just need to figure out which one of the two in the harness included switch switch is the 12v positive and the one that is for the lights

I got both on Amazon from iJDMTOY Store