Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wespat17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dash lights

The lights on the three switches fan,temp on the dash will not light up. How do I get to the light behind the pannel to change it. Thanks
Old 09-20-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dash lights

Year/make/model of your car? DX EX LX etc., 2/3/4 door? (Put this info in your profile too.)

You posted this in 2006 and newer.
Old 09-20-2012
Registered!!

2002 EX Civic 2 door
Old 09-20-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Pull out the trim (center panel) that holds the heater controls, then you should be able to figure out how to get to the individual bulbs once the panel is out and in your lap.
Tiny screwdriver, 1/4 turn to release, for most of these bulbs.

To remove the center panel:
Remove the dashboard center lower cover.
<table class="S2"> <tbody> <tr><td>Remove the bolts (2) from the dashboard center lower cover opening. (These point upward.)
</td></tr> </tbody><tbody></tbody></table> <table class="S2"> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap="" valign="top">
</td> <td>Gently pull out along the bottom to release the lower clips, then along both sides and top to release the remaining clips.</td></tr> </tbody><tbody></tbody></table> <table class="S2"> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap="" valign="top">
</td> <td>Disconnect the hazard warning switch connector, radio connector and antenna, fan switch connector, and heater control unit connectors.

HTH
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Old 09-21-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I would just do all 5 bulbs at once... I did it on my 05 and they were much brighter (the bulbs get a black buildup inside them over time)

Just look for the audio unit removal procedures to follow, super tight if it has ever been out. You may need to reach in behind at the acc socket area and push out.
Old 09-21-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

I swear this is gonna sound stupid but my car does the exact same thing sometimes, here comes the stupid part- if you use the bottom of your fist and hit it once on the left side of the dash it'll come back on, (at least for me) My old 01' and my 04' both did it. Lemme know how it goes lol
Old 09-21-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rjones7755
I swear this is gonna sound stupid but my car does the exact same thing sometimes, here comes the stupid part- if you use the bottom of your fist and hit it once on the left side of the dash it'll come back on, (at least for me) My old 01' and my 04' both did it. Lemme know how it goes lol
Good job it worked for me! Thanks