Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Dynomat, fatmat,ect.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002
LEVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
Dynomat, fatmat,ect.

has anyone here done there whole car with Dynomat, fatmat,ect. or at least most of it? what are the ups and downs of doing this? and yes i know that i should put this in the I.C.E form but not that many people look in there........and i need to know by today because someone said that they could do the whole car this week end.
Thanks![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
PROs:
-less rattle
-louder sound
-less road noise?

Con:
more weight
Old 11-28-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Dynomat is great. I love it. I can't even hear the road noise anymore. All I hear is my thumping sound system. No rattle what-so-ever.

Cons = weight.

Old 11-28-2002
The Man, Myth and Legend

Location: Western Canada, where the beer is cold and the women are HOT!
ZMan2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey KeNsHiN, yeah, I've done the dynamat thing in my car. It's actually pretty good. The outside roadnoise is much improved, quieter I mean. I didn't do up in behind the dash, so the engine noise is still there, but hey, high revs are just as sweet as the deepest bass anyway, right? The only problem is the amount that you use. The more you use, the more weight added to your car. Remember, these cars, according to the manual, aren't made for hauling more than 850 lbs. so you will see a small decrease in the acceleration. But the more you use, the louder your I.C.E. system can be, without pi$$ing off the neighbours.(unless you like doing that) Hope that helps man.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-28-2002
LEVA

thanks alot guy i think am going to get it. did you guys do it your self or did you have some one install it for you? and how much do you think is a good price for trunk, dash, doors ,and rear deck is (pretty much all around)
Old 11-28-2002

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
My total job for the Extreme Dynamate costs me $700 for doors, roof, floor, trunk, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had it professionally done.

Certain parts go certain places, Silver goes on trunk lid cause it has more stick and stuff like that. You have to know the ins and outs of doing it.

Old 11-28-2002
LEVA

but you said that it was worth it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] so damm all go for it I'll let you know how it goes
thanks again![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
DO NOT BUY DYNAMAT!!! ...it's not worth the price, Fatmat and Brown bread are the same product under different names. Both work as well as Dynamat Extreme but cost less than regular dynamat. Rammat60 is by far the best. Dynamat Extreme, Brown Bread, Fatmat and Raam60 all deaden as well, But Raam60 is by far the easiest one to work with. and had the most durable adhesive.

My car has over 210Sq.ft of sound deadening in my car and 39sq.ft of Sound absorbing foam.

2 rolls of Raam60, Fatmat, or Brown Bread will do your trunk, firewall and doors. in 2 layers.

PM me or email me at dmtp@lycos.com for as much info as you need on deadening.

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

Hondasport01 is an unknown quantity at this point
What about that spray in stuff, I think it's called road kill? How does that work I need something in my trunk to keep some of that exhaust noise out of the car, to deep inside
Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

Aaggie77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got an e-mail response from fatmat.com and it doesn't weigh much at all. A 100 sq ft roll of Fat Mat weighs 31 lbs to ship but 4 lbs. of that is box and the roll it is wrapped around.
Old 11-28-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: Aaggie77
I got an e-mail response from fatmat.com and it doesn't weigh much at all. A 100 sq ft roll of Fat Mat weighs 31 lbs to ship but 4 lbs. of that is box and the roll it is wrapped around.[hr]
Every little bit of weight counts no matter how much or how little you add

Weight is weight...........you are still gonna slow your car down. 27lbs? That's like having a fat baby in your trunk 24-7. You just gotta ask yourself how much speed matters.

Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

Aaggie77 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
I got an e-mail response from fatmat.com and it doesn't weigh much at all. A 100 sq ft roll of Fat Mat weighs 31 lbs to ship but 4 lbs. of that is box and the roll it is wrapped around.[hr]
Every little bit of weight counts no matter how much or how little you add

Weight is weight...........you are still gonna slow your car down. 27lbs? That's like having a fat baby in your trunk 24-7. You just gotta ask yourself how much speed matters.[hr]
Our cars' acceleration sucks anyways. A fat baby in your trunk or your half naked chick sitting next to you.... it's worth the sacrafice.
Old 11-28-2002

Our cars' acceleration sucks anyways. A fat baby in your trunk or your half naked chick sitting next to you.... it's worth the sacrafice.[hr]
LMAO [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Well, I can't argue with you there.!!!!!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHH

Good one

You guys crack me up

Old 11-28-2002
LEVA

[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Our cars' acceleration sucks anyways. A fat baby in your trunk or your half naked chick sitting next to you.... it's worth the sacrafice.[hr]
LMAO [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Well, I can't argue with you there.!!!!!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHH

Good one

You guys crack me up[hr]
lol, it does suck so what the hell you might as well sound tight!
Old 11-28-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point

[hr]Weight is weight...........you are still gonna slow your car down. 27lbs? That's like having a fat baby in your trunk 24-7. You just gotta ask yourself how much speed matters.[hr]

Yep, with the body kit and wing and all that heavy stuff my car is so slow I had to put that "NO FAT CHICKS" sticker on.

And besides, aren't even fat babies supposed to be in child restraints?