Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Gude=Headaches

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gude=Headaches

Ok, is everybody ready for the "Story of the week"???? Well here goes. . .
Ok I got my cylinder head from gude about a week and a half ago and everything was merry. I took it over to my mechanic to have him put it in and then thats when things went wrong. My mechanic called me up and said that the cylinder head was defective because the cam collar on the upper cam girdle was shaved or grinded down to almost paper thin, letting the cam move back and forth as much as 1 inch! So, My mechanic called Gude and they told him to send back both the defective and MY stock head and that they will pay for the shipping both ways, which is really cool of gude to do because its gonna be close to $600 to ship back and forth using UPS NEXT DAY!!!!!!!! So, I had to take off work for the day, go pick up both the cylinder heads, pack them up, and then ship them out while fronting out the money for shipping, which is like $275!!! Nothing but headaches, but the cool thing is is that Gude is gonna try like hell to get my stock cylinder head out that they are gonna work on in the same day they get it! So today is thursday, i shipped it out today and it will get there tomorrow, then as soon as Gude gets it, they are gonna start working on it, and if everything goes correctly, they are gonna ship it UPS Next Day out tomorrow too!!! So hopefully I will get back the cylinder head by tuesday at the latest, have my mechanic put it in on tuesday/wednesday, and then have my car back just in time for the fourth! I hoping but since my luck has been selling it self short lately, we'll see. The only winner in this whole situation is UPS. So, tune next week for another non-exciting adventure of how my life sucks! lol.

Thus concluding the "Story of the week!"
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Gude=crap IMO

This is like the 20th web forum I've heard these stories on, and I would never buy their products after hearing it so many times.
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

Well, the only reason why Im kinda mad at gude is because the fact that they didnt catch this when they were working on it. Its actually Honda fault for making a $hitty head that Gude bought for my car. I hope you guys can see where Im coming from though.
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I see what you mean, but this also happens when gude makes these pkgs for Fords, etc.
I hope they take care of you right, though it would surprise me if they did.
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

hondadude is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope it works out...again. It seems like they mess up all the time. Then they are quick to fix it, but then it's messed up again, and then they fix it, and it's messed up again. Or maybe I'm running all the bad gude stories together. Anyway, why can't they be perfect. It's getting a little old having them mess up.

Plus, someone said that having a custom shop p&p your engine is better than having gude do it. Like they were bad at it or something. LIke spider did his. If that's a good idea, anyone know any good shops around Nashville?
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

ill let you guys know how it works out. Oh by the way, I got a look at both cylinder heads and I could completely notice a BIG difference with each other. The ports on the stock cylinder head were very narrow and somewhat rough, but when I looked at the p&p head, the ports were opened and very smooth. I hope when I get my $hit back it will be a good job. Well, until then. . .
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Im quoting Murphey's law here but if anything can go wrong at any particular time, it will. (paraphrased)
So, if you get your head back on your car in the next week, your lucky.
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
This isn't giving Gude a good rep around here. 2 heads that had problems and had to be sent back. I guess that makes them 2 for 2 so far? I don't care if they fix the problem and take care of everything. One problem in 100 is fine, but something just seems a little screwwy if you ask me....
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Im with you Mbow i was gonna do the thing with Gude but after this its not worth it to me
Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

what i dont get is that there are more than 2 people doing the gude head package, so what I want to know is how come we havent heard from other people that have done this???
Old 06-28-2002
Registered!!

01civ01 is an unknown quantity at this point
when you polish a head, you don't want the ports to be completely smooth, that will cause fuel puddling a loss of power. the intake ports should acually have a cross hatched pattern polished into them to mix the air fuel mixture.
Old 06-28-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
this is why i had them do it at my shop. so i can see them doing it and make srue that if they screw something up that it gets fixed right then.
Old 06-28-2002
Registered!!

SugarRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Please let this be in the end a positve experience.

$2K plus all that time, effort, time without car, stress doesn't seem worth it.

Ray
Old 06-28-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm so upset, I was really looking forward to the gude package,.......Can't ANYthing go right w/ the 7thgencivic, seriously........
Why can't we just send them the head, they do the work CORECTLY, and then simply send it back and..........WA LA!.. but no, thats life I guess....
hopefully GUDE gets their shiit straight, I'm sure they would have a lot more customer's.
They would have me, but untill I start hearing good shiit about them then....nogo......
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]