Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

GUDE PACKAGE AND TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002
BOOSTED HYBRID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icebergslim is an unknown quantity at this point
GUDE PACKAGE AND TURBO

I'm thinking about getting the gude performance package, but later on I want to go turbo. I know the performance package is for all motor performance, does anyone know what parts I can get that i'll be able to use on my engine with turbo. I emailed Bill at gude and he told me that the head package is great with turbo just replace head gasket when you
turbo . Right now I run a 50 shot with my NX kit. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance. I already did a search and still couldn't find an answer.

HEAD PACKAGE INCLUDES ITEMS A TO G OR ANY COMBONATION OF.
BIG BORE THROTTLE BODIE.
PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD
PORTED POLISHED HEAD
RACEING VALVE GRIND
HIGH COMPRESSION RADUIS CHAMBERS
CAMSHAFT GRIND TEAM CAM

1. Intake ports are ported to create maximum velocity then rough cross hatched to provide better fuel atomization, which increases combustion efficiency providing increased power both at low and high rpm.

2. Exhaust ports are ported to relive internal pressure quickly, yet provide enough velocity to scavenge well, insuring a full fresh fuel and air charge will be delivered to the combustion chambers, not diluted down with left over spent gases from the last firing.

3. Head surface is milled them hand lapped to create a multi directional #32 micro Finish surface, this leaving hundreds of micro ridges to be crushed down by the steel gasket forming a super micro barrier for better gasket sealing.

4. Intake to head ports are purposely mismatched or stepped to fight unwanted reverberation and to reduce boundary layer effects improving port flow.

5. Valve seats we have tried 3 angles so called 5 angle, and many other valve and seat combinations, we have found that the factory angle on the valve is overall the best and that the blended radius parabolic valve seats pioneered by Gude performance provides the most horse power and longevity on most Imports.

6. Valve guides in most cases we have found that shorting the valve guide is helpful and will promote increased flow while still maintaining excellent valve control.

7. Valve springs all Gude performance camshafts are designed to operate to extreme rpm on stock valve springs, we spent countless hours designing and developing profile which will not require a high pressure valve spring which can cause added friction and valve stem failure due to the high loading of stiffer springs vale stem failure will usually cause major engine damage..

A few exceptions we will up the spring pressure, on 1.8 Acura Integra if the engine rpm is to exceed 7600 rpm, also the 92 to 95 dx will require springs above 7000 rpm.

8. Camshafts Gude performance Bullfrog or Stinger cams are included with all Gude head packages, all cams are ground to precise tolerances, and are of the famous Gude profiles. Gude poured out all 30 plus years of experience, into designing cam profiles that are stable at extreme high rpm with stock or light valve spring loading, this increasing horse power and engine reliability, as high valve spring loads can case excessive wear and result in total valve stem failure destroying a expensive engine.
Old 04-02-2002
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
How much does it cost?
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
$1600 ish
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't understand how anything can be done to our intake manifold if it's plastic. How do you port and polish plastic?
Does it come with a new intake manifold?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he means the head is ported where the intake manifold bolts on
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahhhh, ok.
Thanks
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Grifter is an unknown quantity at this point
may sound dumb... but if we do that an say get 180 hp... will our other mods finally be worth somethin... ie more than 2-3 hp for intake and next to nothign for a new exhaust? Cause I couldnt justify buying a new exhaust for no change in performance.. .if I can get 10 hp then maybe with gude... I may buy new headers and such now... soup the exhaust up an not foid my warrente.. then after that run out.. buy the gude an in my dreams be around 190-200 hp
Old 04-02-2002
DRJ
Registered!!

DRJ is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks to me like the last two things on your list are things you would be wasting your money on if you plan to go turbo in the future. Generally, higher compression leads to a greater chance of detonation with a turbo, and the cams probably aren't designed to be used with forced induction.