Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

I hope this HKS guy is wrong :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope this HKS guy is wrong :(

Hey everybody, i just got off the phone with HKSusa and the guy told me they were not going to put the turbo kit in production because our stock injectors are already as is almost maxed out because compared to '00 civics our injectors are 30% smaller and with the turbo obviously better injectors would have to be put under the hood which in this guy's opinion, would not make the kit street-legal and he said HKS is only going to be making street-legal turbo kits....this info is what the hks guy told me and hopefully he is misinformed and hks can show some love for 7th gen
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a damn shame, but apparently rev hard has shown some love and is working on a kit, or at least thats what their site says. Peace
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, I talked to a guy there eralirer there too,,,,, He said that they were working on it and that there actually IS a chance,,, itll just take time,,,,,he said that he cant give me an answer though cause they also said they were supoosed to come out w/ a kit for the GSR and they didnt so,, he said ,,dunno??

I also called greddy,,,that conversation sounded even worse.....he said they have better things to do.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]....what better than a 7th gen???????[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

Amphiprion is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if a decent, legal turbo kit is going to be produced for our cars, I'm sure I will have a different ride by that time. For those of you hoping and waiting for such day......don't hold your breath.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

woohooh00 is an unknown quantity at this point
just a reminder... i have a 2k1 and i love it. 38 mpg with an AEM CAI.
not to bash our cars, but we all have to remember the civic was not born a hot-rod. it's all-in-all an 'economy' car; great gas mileage, low maintenence costs, easy to maintain, and so on. that's right, they're not supposed to go fast. it just so happens that the previous generation civs all had powerplants capable of tuning and thus producing fast vehicles. we got sh!tted out of luck in that department, but as far as Honda is concerned they did their job well.

we'll all cross our fingers and hope that the 7th gens can be accepted and loved by the tuners. otherwise, we just have to live with the facts.

have fun and be safe. isnt that what driving is supposed to be?
Old 03-08-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i contacted RC Engineering about injectors and they said there largest flow injectors (forgot the rate) fit our civics. You need just need some bracket to hold them in; its like 30 bucks for 4.
Old 03-09-2002
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point

<< just a reminder... i have a 2k1 and i love it. 38 mpg with an AEM CAI.
not to bash our cars, but we all have to remember the civic was not born a hot-rod. it's all-in-all an 'economy' car; great gas mileage, low maintenence costs, easy to maintain, and so on. that's right, they're not supposed to go fast. it just so happens that the previous generation civs all had powerplants capable of tuning and thus producing fast vehicles. we got sh!tted out of luck in that department, but as far as Honda is concerned they did their job well.

we'll all cross our fingers and hope that the 7th gens can be accepted and loved by the tuners. otherwise, we just have to live with the facts.

have fun and be safe. isnt that what driving is supposed to be?
>>

honda did do an awesome job, i luv this car a lot! as for modding, current trend here in seattle is looking good, i'm seeing more and more tricked out 7thgens