Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   I hope this HKS guy is wrong :( (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/27278-i-hope-hks-guy-wrong.html)

Jon 03-08-2002 12:09 PM

I hope this HKS guy is wrong :(

Hey everybody, i just got off the phone with HKSusa and the guy told me they were not going to put the turbo kit in production because our stock injectors are already as is almost maxed out because compared to '00 civics our injectors are 30% smaller and with the turbo obviously better injectors would have to be put under the hood which in this guy's opinion, would not make the kit street-legal and he said HKS is only going to be making street-legal turbo kits....this info is what the hks guy told me and hopefully he is misinformed and hks can show some love for 7th gen

Intruder 03-08-2002 02:19 PM

Thats a damn shame, but apparently rev hard has shown some love and is working on a kit, or at least thats what their site says. Peace

trevor 03-08-2002 04:28 PM

yea, I talked to a guy there eralirer there too,,,,, He said that they were working on it and that there actually IS a chance,,, itll just take time,,,,,he said that he cant give me an answer though cause they also said they were supoosed to come out w/ a kit for the GSR and they didnt so,, he said ,,dunno??

I also called greddy,,,that conversation sounded even worse.....he said they have better things to do.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]....what better than a 7th gen???????[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

Amphiprion 03-08-2002 04:54 PM

Even if a decent, legal turbo kit is going to be produced for our cars, I'm sure I will have a different ride by that time. For those of you hoping and waiting for such day......don't hold your breath.

woohooh00 03-08-2002 06:38 PM

just a reminder... i have a 2k1 and i love it. 38 mpg with an AEM CAI.
not to bash our cars, but we all have to remember the civic was not born a hot-rod. it's all-in-all an 'economy' car; great gas mileage, low maintenence costs, easy to maintain, and so on. that's right, they're not supposed to go fast. it just so happens that the previous generation civs all had powerplants capable of tuning and thus producing fast vehicles. we got sh!tted out of luck in that department, but as far as Honda is concerned they did their job well.

we'll all cross our fingers and hope that the 7th gens can be accepted and loved by the tuners. otherwise, we just have to live with the facts.

have fun and be safe. isnt that what driving is supposed to be?

blouisgod 03-08-2002 06:46 PM

i contacted RC Engineering about injectors and they said there largest flow injectors (forgot the rate) fit our civics. You need just need some bracket to hold them in; its like 30 bucks for 4.

Wanger 03-09-2002 02:15 AM

<< just a reminder... i have a 2k1 and i love it. 38 mpg with an AEM CAI.
not to bash our cars, but we all have to remember the civic was not born a hot-rod. it's all-in-all an 'economy' car; great gas mileage, low maintenence costs, easy to maintain, and so on. that's right, they're not supposed to go fast. it just so happens that the previous generation civs all had powerplants capable of tuning and thus producing fast vehicles. we got sh!tted out of luck in that department, but as far as Honda is concerned they did their job well.

we'll all cross our fingers and hope that the 7th gens can be accepted and loved by the tuners. otherwise, we just have to live with the facts.

have fun and be safe. isnt that what driving is supposed to be?
>>

honda did do an awesome job, i luv this car a lot! as for modding, current trend here in seattle is looking good, i'm seeing more and more tricked out 7thgens :tup: