Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

CAI problem. New to the Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaspersi is an unknown quantity at this point
CAI problem. New to the Civic

I used to have a 1992 Honda Prelude Si with all kinds of stuff on it (12.3sec 1/4 NA), but I was just doing a standard CAI system on this '02 1.7 EX 5spd, and the lower piping doesn't fit directly. The hydraulic line seems to be in the way and compared to every other Honda I've worked on, it seems like the filter would just sit next to the front side of the transmission. I currently am just giong to be running the short version of it, but is there any other way that you guys may know of for a quick fix to get that lower piping in without a lot of hassle? Let alone, without having to worry about the filter just sitting out in the open? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I've only had this thing for a good 3 days, so I'm new to the VTEC-E situation, with individual coils, does anyone make a performance ignition system for these little rockets yet?

Thanks again
Old 10-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
what brand cai do you have. The aem version sits pretty close to the line you are talking about. If this is the situation just push on the line a bit and bend it, so it just clears the pipe and filter. Only bend it about an inch. Any more and you may kink something. You shouldn't need to bend it that far anyways.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
first off, our engine isnt vtec-E, it is just straight vtec, second what intake do you have? Most require you to remove the splash shields from the fender well and cut out a hole in them to fit the piping and filter through.
Old 10-28-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
I am pretty sure we do have vtec e, an economy version of vtec. And yeah, what brand is the intake?
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

Kaspersi is an unknown quantity at this point
It's an AEM, but i figured it out. there was a bracket that was in the box that i didn't see. i had to remove the stock transmission bracket and replace it with the one provided. thanks anyways guys.

What about that ignition system
Old 10-28-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
VTEC-E comes with the HX.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by infinite012
VTEC-E comes with the HX.
exactly, he said he had a ex which isnt vtec-e
Old 10-28-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yes which is why i said it comes with the HX.
Old 10-28-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
EX = vtec-E (according to Honda website at time of purchase)
HX = vtec (lean burn)
Old 10-28-2004
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kaspersi
....does anyone make a performance ignition system for these little rockets yet?

Thanks again

http://www.ignitionsolutions.com/tec...01/default.asp
Old 10-29-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
^^... yup what he said