Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Loud vibrations at low RPM

Old 03-02-2019
Registered!!

bohrapar is an unknown quantity at this point
Loud vibrations at low RPM

Hi guys,

apologies if this question has been asked before, Iím new to this forum, please feel free to redirect me. I have a 2010 Honda Civic 1.8LXI Automatic.
Here is the issue Iím facing:
1. When the car is cold, I feel a very strong vibration in the entire car, almost feels like a massage chair.
2. When Iím driving, while the temperature is still low, the vibration persists particularly at low RPM (around 1000 - 1500 RPM).
3. While driving, at low RPMs at cold temperatures, if I release the accelerator, I hear a strong momentary whizzing sound, complementing the vibrations
4. Once Iím driving faster and the RPMs are higher, either I donít notice the vibrations or the vibrations are minimal to none.
5. After the car warms up, the vibrations are minimal or negligible
Some points to note:
1. I had a service done (oil change, spark plugs) about a month ago
2. I showed the car to the same mechanic who services the car - he claims the Engine Mounting RHS and LHS need replacing - the total cost of which is ZAR9,200 (about $650)

please advise if the mechanicís diagnosis sounds fair enough? The fact that the vibrations change with RPM and temperature makes me think, itís not a mechanical fault? (but then again, My knowledge in cars is close to 0). Any suggestions? Anything a noob could try to fix it?
thanks in advance