Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Multiple CEL codes, help would be appreciated

Old 07-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueTrane2028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Multiple CEL codes, help would be appreciated

I posted this earlier but I think it went to the wrong part of the forum. Apologies for the duplicate. Anyways...

2006 Civic Hybrid dash lit up like a Christmas tree while wife was driving to work. I had her park it and took her the rest of the way in. The vehicle has the following codes, all at once with no recent history of issues:

81-1 abs control unit malfunction
83-1 ecm pcm relation malfunction
84-1 sensor logic malfunction
85-1 controller area network relation malfunction
87-1 wheel speed sensor power supply malfunction
88-1 wheel slip failure of abs activation time too long
P15a5 motor current sensor circuit malfunction

Im hoping there’s going to be one common thread here that ties it together. Haven’t had a chance to attempt to diagnose directly aside from pulling codes yet, will update with anything additional as I find it.
Old 07-22-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple CEL codes, help would be appreciated

Erase codes and then see what returns?
Old 07-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueTrane2028 is an unknown quantity at this point

P15a5 cleared and stayed clear. The rest came back, 82-1, 86-1 and 89-1 are now showing also. Oddly enough there are no warning lights on and the car drives fine.
Old 07-23-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

rats chewing wiring and causing shorts? could be squirrels
Old 07-23-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

P15A5 is an IMA system code, not ABS.

If you meant 86-01 (not 86-1) that would be an F-CAN code, that's one of the communication networks.

Many of the ABS related codes say to troubleshoot fuel and emissions codes first. (But you said that P15a5 stayed gone for now)

An issue I see now is your list of codes doesn't match the troubleshooting info I am reading, like your code reader isn't showing plausible code numbers.
I see 81-xx and 86-xx in my charts but no 82, 83, 84, 87, 88 or 89 series under ABS.
Maybe it's lumping codes from various other systems all together?