Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic 07 Engine Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shafaqat309 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic 07 Engine Mount

Hi

I have started feeling a vibration in car steering when engine is cold and only when in reverse, little bit vibration when in drive but no vibration when Idle.

Looks like engine mount issue, following link says there are at least 4 type of engine mounts, which one could be related to my issue?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-engine-mounts

I also checked the gap between driving side engine mount and the body, gap would be close to 1mm. A credit card can't go easily in the gap.
see the picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	130
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	88842  
Old 06-01-2016
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Honda Civic 07 Engine Mount

Yes, that mount is done for.

Get an OEM replacement.
Old 06-01-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like engine mount issue, following link says there are at least 4 type of engine mounts, which one could be related to my issue?
Your link does not deal with the car you have. Does not apply.

The mount you need is the one engine mount in your picture, it is collapsed.
There might be several different part number choices for that one mount depending on year, body style, trans and engine types.
Old 06-01-2016
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Also check the dog bone link on the bottom side that keeps the engine from rocking back and forth. Mine and the one you show were done at 100K. OEM for sure if you expect it to last just as long.

see this thread... think post 19 is were you want to start but some other may apply to your car..

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ntrol-arm.html
Old 06-01-2016
Registered!!

Contacted honda for this part and they quoted me AU$324, Did I ask for the right part?
Old 06-01-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

OOoh, Aussie? IDK, I only have USA catalog. Have you searched for Honda dealers selling genuine parts online in your country?

This is the only international catalog link in my bookmarks....... if this doesn't help...Ummm.......See if you can find your car in this link and look up your own part:
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php
Old 06-01-2016
Registered!!

The quoted price is from the honda dealer in my city, Did you know any website that can give me exact part number? I will also try to check price on amazon.
Old 06-02-2016

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
The quoted price is from the honda dealer in my city, Did you know any website that can give me exact part number? I will also try to check price on amazon.

I cannot tell you with any certainty that any of the various part numbers that apply to US market cars would be the same as yours.
Hell, there are a lot of USA part numbers that are no good in a Canadian parts catalog, and sometimes we have no idea why because the parts and cars appear to be the same. Other parts really are the same and the same part number is valid in both countries.

Regarding your engine mount in question: As I said earlier there are choices in the USA catalog, depending on how the car is equipped. I found 3 different part numbers that are used with a 1.8 engine, and another group of part numbers that apply to a 2.0 engine.
There is a TSB that has been revised a couple times with different part numbers (updated) too.
It all boils down to about 3 possible part numbers again--for the USA cars.

Did the UK parts catalog link I posted in my last reply cover your car/country?
If you want genuine Honda parts, you will really need to find a dealer level parts catalog that covers your particular version of the car in your own country/market.

Contacted honda for this part and they quoted me AU$324, Did I ask for the right part?
Price sounds pretty close to ours over here, almost USD$300 MSRP for one I just looked up.

Ask your dealer to email or fax the picture from their parts catalog to you, along with their part number. Then decide if it's what you needed. If it's the correct part, do your searches for that part number.

For that matter, post the part number they give you and I'll look to see if it's the same.
Old 06-02-2016
Registered!!

HO-50820SNLT01 is the part number, the link you mentioned does not cover Australia, I will speak to mechanic and see what he says.
Old 06-02-2016

The part number 50820-SNL-T01 is not a valid number for a USA car.
It's probably a perfectly good number for your country/market, but I have no way to research it further on my end.
Old 06-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Reference my earlier post "06 EX Motor Mounts & eStore Honda" ezone was right on which mount it was, sure makes a MAJOR improvement. Found a new REAL mechanic who mostly works on performance cars. I would have done this job, but it's in the 90's here, hate turning wrenches in the heat. BTY thanks again ezone.