Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2011 Honda Civic LX cranks but would not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mandan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2011 Honda Civic LX cranks but would not start

I am having similar issues on my 2011 Honda Civic sedan. It mostly happened on hot sunny days, and rarely on damp rainy mornings. I would get in the car put the key in and try to start it, sometimes it would start for half a second and goes off, and then when i try it again i could crank the engine until the battery went dead. Even after no more cranks possible, i still have ignition running and can lock car with weak beep upon locking. Once i jump start the car, it would work for few days without any issues (i can start car normally multiple times) and then it stops ignition start for some reason. please help me..Thankyou.
Old 06-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mandan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2011 Honda Civic LX cranks but would not start

Hi,
I am having starting issues on my 2011 Honda Civic sedan. It mostly happened on hot sunny days, and rarely on damp rainy mornings. I would get in the car put the key in and try to start it, sometimes it would start for half a second and goes off, and then when i try it again i could crank the engine until the battery went dead. Even after with no more cranks possible, i still have ignition running and can lock car with weak beep upon locking (battery not drained completely!!). I checked battery and starter at autozone and it is in good shape. Once i jump start the car, it would work for few days without any issues (i can start car normally multiple times) and then it stops ignition start for some reason. There is no pattern that i could find for this issue to replicate and happens randomly. please help me..
Thankyou.
Old 06-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2011 Honda Civic LX cranks but would not start

How many miles are on your car, how long has this problem been going on, is all the maintenance up to date? Are you using the same fuel as usual?