Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic i-vtec 1.8 2008 4000rpm

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gerhard Smit is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic i-vtec 1.8 2008 4000rpm

I just recently bought a Honda Civic i-vtec 1.8 2008. When I got the car it was jerking whilst driving. Upon checking all the normal things it was found that the previous owner had put in the incorrect spark plugs, oil filter, oil and fuel.

I have subsequently changed the spark plugs, oil filter, oil and I am ensuring that the correct fuel is put into the vehicle. This seemed to have improved some of the performance.

I then subsequently took it into the workshop where they advised that the Fuel Pump needed to be replaced. The fuel pump was replaced and fuel tank removed and cleaned out.

I have taken the car back to the workshop and had them run a diagnostics check on the vehicle and no error codes were received.

The car is currently stuttering when pulling away. It has limited power, idling is a little erratic and sometimes it will not pass 4000rpm's in 1st to 3rd gear. It appears to drive well at freeway speeds but when you drive between 60 and 80 in 5th it tends to jerk.

What could be causing this problem as the workshop can't seem to find the problem.
Old 06-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: Honda Civic i-vtec 1.8 2008 4000rpm

The shop should have replaced the fuel filter as well. I haven't done this on my current car but have on prior cars. If ezone doesn't reply contact him directly he is one of the moderators, a long time Honda Mechanic who is highly knowledgeable.
Old 06-10-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic i-vtec 1.8 2008 4000rpm

took it into the workshop where they advised that the Fuel Pump

had them run a diagnostics check on the vehicle and no error codes were received.

What could be causing this problem as the workshop can't seem to find the problem.
Your mechanic is broken. Replace the mechanic.

If he/they can't diagnose a repeatable running problem without a fault code to lead them by the hand, they aren't the people you need to be dealing with.

This kind of seems like it is describing a misfire, maybe it doesn't last long enough to set a fault code...which would be odd to me.
I really don't know what thew issue is from description only, I'd need to drive it and make some evaluations.