Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Turn light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kroenen2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn light stays on

Hello, left signals sometimes stayed permanently on after I locked/unlocked car by remote (alarm). But repeating locking/unlocking solved it.
But today it has stayed light on for good (after unlock). And the right turn blinks randomly as well. All the rest is off, just battery connected. The car was in the sun and hot before this happend. Now, as obvious, the car is not roadworthy. (Blinking of the right signal is without sound-click.)

Can You help? Could it be the alarm? Because it operates with turn signals when locking.

Thank You

(Civic 7th gen HB 2001)
Old 05-21-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Turn light stays on

Since you don't hear the relay in the car clicking it's most likely your alarm causing the issue. Try unplugging it and seeing if the issue goes away. Though my keyless entry I wired To the turn signal relays, yours might be wired directly to the light bulbs.

Turn signal wire could also be shorting out somewhere so it is not using the relay to trigger it.
Old 05-21-2016
Registered!!

I don't know position of the alarm/locking unit. Could you help me with that? It should be factory device. (I see, you have similar vehicle model)
Or I'll find out what it's fuse...
Old 05-21-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Well if it's factory then it was installed correctly but still could be causing the issue.

Should be located down by the driver side kick panel near the door (next to where you rest your foot).
Old 07-09-2017
Registered!!

Well, finally it was the alarm unit, as you wrote. But it was located under hood close to the motor - looks like siren/horn, but the whole unit with speaker (META System). After unpugin it, problem solved, but now Iam without alarm. I tried to fixed it, because it looks in very good condition, but unsuccesful for now. I was looking for cold joints, cause I doubt broken electronic part (once it works, other time doesnt).

It would by great to use the same unit, cause it's wired with Meta's 18-pin plug

Advice, anyone?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like an aftermarket alarm unit.
Google 'meta car alarm' and see what you can find. Also search for 'meta car alarm problems'.

If you have serial or model numbers from the control unit, check for those as well.
Old 07-09-2017
Registered!!

Yeah, it also looks like installed aftermarket.
Thanks, I'm searchin that ...I have even model number (meta system 870AN). I do with electronic, maybe I could fix that, but I cannot find electric scheme of this and without it its like looking for a needle :/