Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Cluster won't turn on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xXzerozeroXx is an unknown quantity at this point
Cluster won't turn on?

Hello! I have a 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Val. Pkg. 5-spd and I bought a cluster exactly like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-04-05-HONDA-CIVIC-2DR-AUTO-INSTRUMENT-SPEEDOMETER-GAUGE-CLUSTER-/111327741577?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19eba68689&vxp=mtr

I plugged the green plug and blue plug into it and turned my car on. Unfortunately the cluster did not turn on. My old stock cluster does turn on however. Any ideas?
Old 04-23-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cluster won't turn on?

You linked to a live auction, you must not have the exact same cluster pictured???
(05 coupe w/auto trans?)

The ad you linked says it fits 01-05, it's wrong. LOL
You should find out for sure what year car your particular cluster came out of.

I'll guess the cluster is from an early car. There are wiring differences between 01/02 and 03-05. The early cluster cannot be used in a late car without some mods to the wiring.

If this guess is accurate, you either need to send it back and try to get a later version, or attempt the wiring mods to make it work.

AFAIK the swaps should still work in the DX too.

(Try to find a 01-02 car to plug it into just to be certain it really does work before you waste a lot of energy on it!)

Search here for a thread dealing with cluster swaps.
Wait, here you go: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...faq-video.html

HTH
Old 04-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xXzerozeroXx is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the same kind of cluster from the same guy. And is modding it hard? I have no experience with this stuff I'm trying to learn though!
Old 04-23-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK if you bought an 05 cluster and you have an 05 car, it should work without any wire mods.

Can you try it in another car just to make sure it really does work?