Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Possessed Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Musegal007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Possessed Sound System?

Hi,
I have a 2006 Civic Ex and have not had any problems until recently. I'm a little over the 100,000 mile mark at this point. My CD player has decided to randomly switch over to the radio. Sometimes this happens several times in a day, sometimes it doesn't happen for a few days.

Also, when on radio, it seems to like to change channels on its own - the scan button has not been touched either.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? If yes, how did you resolve it? I'm a little frustrated at this point.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Possessed Sound System?

My volume **** is on the fritz... it might be time to get a new system.
Old 04-25-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Are you inadvertently hitting the steering wheel controls?

That, or a problem in those controls seems like it would be a most likely area to investigate. Drink spills? Buttons feel funny?
Old 04-28-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Musegal007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, not hitting anything that would cause the cd to switch to radio nor stations to change on their own. Nothing wrong with buttons either. The sound system is high up, I don't put beverages on my dash - so no spills from me. Can't say that the guys who worked on my car several weeks ago didn't spill anything - I'd never know. All I do know is that my car hasn't been the same since I brought it to one of the dealers - steering wheel squeaks when I turn as well. Very odd!

I suspect the car is starting to show its age...2006 with around 110,000 miles...original sound system. (sigh)