Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Wiring issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012
YHB
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YHB is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring issue?

What's going on people, I'm new at this forum and kind of a n00b with car audio stuff but the knowledge and help here is awesome.

So I have this recent problem with the audio in my 06 Civic (sedan). To preface: my setup is Cadence 1800 watt 5 channel amp, components in front, coaxials in back, and a 10" Kicker in the trunk. The head unit is a JVC. I had it all installed by a car audio/tinting place about a year ago and havent had any problems till now.

My brother was driving and switching radio stations on the HU and he said the sound just completely cut out. The HU still turns on and but there is no sound for any input (AM, FM, AUX, CD, etc).

I am (almost) 100% sure the amp lit up when it was on but it doesn't now. I checked the fuses it could have been and none of them are blown.

What could have happened? Is a connection loose? I can't really see anything looking loose (but then again I dont know jack about installation). Is it possible to blow out the amp? I'm pretty sure I had more than enough wattage considering my setup and my brother said he wasn't pushing the levels. Or could it be something else I'm not considering?

Any advice/help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 07-25-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Wiring issue?

Pull the headunit out and see if there is anything loose behind it. I bought a car where some place used wire nuts to splice all the wires together and after a while they get loose from rattleing around.
Old 08-16-2012
YHB
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YHB is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks. By the way, I got to the bottom of it. It was only that the big fuse in the hood was blown. quick replacement and I'm back to normal.
Old 08-16-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Cool! Always nice when it's easy. Thanks for the update.