Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Sears Impact Driver......

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yankeefan will become famous soon enough
Sears Impact Driver......

Anyone have one that's about 30 bucks and you hit it with a hammer? Not sure how to use it, as it says the hammer moves 20 degrees on each hit but I don't see that happening. Also, I read it is reversible, is there a way to do that or am I just twisting the driver as I hit it with a hammer? Extremely bad instructions. Gotta get those pain in the butt Philitps screws out of my rotors.

Thanks,
Howard
Old 07-19-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Sears Impact Driver......

Yeah the instructions kinda suck... Its kinda cool how it comes slobbed in oil though isnt it... not really, but its better then it coming rusted.

You hit it with a hammer, you dont need to twist it when you hit it. As for changing the direction, its kinda vauge as how to do it, but there's arrows on the buttom and you just push and turn to switch directions. You'll see them if you hold it up to the light, they are kind of hidden.

If you have a screw that is really stuck, such as your screws on your rotors that's never been removed, then it will take 3 or 4 whacks before it starts coming loose. Once it is tho, just use a reg screwdriver to loosen it it up the rest of the way, the impact screwdriver will be useless at that point... 20 degrees outta 360 is hardly anything, 0.055% of a turn. You might try using a reg screwdriver and hitting the end of it with a hammer two or three times to lossen up the screw first, then use impact driver.