Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Tire wear problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farging_Icehole is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Tire wear problem

The tires I put on have about 12,000 miles on them over the last 15 or so months. They are not over inflated, but both front tires are completely bald in the middle. The alignment of the vehicle is a little strange sometimes seeming to pull right and others left. Before I take in to shop I wanted to have an idea what I'm looking at if anyone can help. I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tire wear problem

well did you actually get the car aligned after putting on new tires??
Old 04-06-2008
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

what psi are you running exactly? over inflation is the only thing that causes tire wear in the center...
Old 04-15-2008
Registered!!

prsloco is an unknown quantity at this point

it might be that there is over inflation....or possibly a bad toe problem...if it was camber the wear would b on the side of the tires so it couldnt b that...........u might even have bad caster cuz that would make ur car move to the side.....
Old 04-15-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Are the tires OEM size? Have you done anything to the suspension of the car?
Old 04-15-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Have they been rotated since installed ??
Old 05-08-2008
Registered!!

Chopsticks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Farging_Icehole
The tires I put on have about 12,000 miles on them over the last 15 or so months. They are not over inflated, but both front tires are completely bald in the middle. The alignment of the vehicle is a little strange sometimes seeming to pull right and others left. Before I take in to shop I wanted to have an idea what I'm looking at if anyone can help. I'd appreciate it.
Your right to first think that over inflation was the problem and this is probably wrong but if your tire says max. pressure is 42, you don't fill the tire to max., try 32 or 35 a lower pressure just for the #@^*of it. Pulling different directions can be the road your on unless you drive the same road and always and have the problem? Them I'm perplexed.
Old 05-18-2008
Registered!!

alexb is an unknown quantity at this point

See this website. It's not an inflation problem. There is a techncial bulletin out on this and lots of people complaining.

http://www.houstoncars.org/recall-no...vic-sedans.php

AB

AB
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

samshady is an unknown quantity at this point

do any of you guys kno what happens when my tires wear out because of my camber kit? my tech said that the camber wasnt aligned or something and i gotta change my tires even though ive only had it for about a year or so....any suggestions?? thx
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

i go through a set of all seasons in about a year or 15k miles or so too so it really depends on your driving habit and mods
Old 06-26-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well if the wheels arent aligned, they wear out faster.