Im a newb Progector head lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brodeisel is an unknown quantity at this point
Im a newb Progector head lights

Was wondering were are some good places to get a set of projector lights for my 2001 civic ex. I wan them black and im going to put hids in them so if any one could help me out would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Im a newb Progector head lights

ebay
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

Was thinking alot of stuff on ebay is junk. If there are some brands that can handle stuff better or take wear better.
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well tyc is the best, and they are actually road legal dot approved. i have a pair and the build quality is excellent. all plug and play. next best would be the other non dot approved lights like sonar and eagle eyes. the projectors they come with are not the greatest tho. i ended up swapping out my tyc units with a real hid projector for better output. the halogen tycs were safe to drive with, but not great. i would not plan on adding hids unless you are opening the lights and putting real hid projectors in. i have a big thread about it if you feel up to it. its a longer thread and some pics might be gone but it shows the basics of putting a new projector inside. i still have the lights on the car for over a year now and very happy.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...it-2010-a.html
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

Id be interested in doing the retrofit but i have the feeling that i would break something. Should i try it on some junk yard lights first or think i could get some one on here to kinda help me. I live in iowa so maybe some one could meet local.
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member

it really is hard to mess up. i mean, there is nothing to break if youre careful. use a heatgun on the edges to loosen the goo and pull them apart. the hardest part will be figuring out which projectors will fit and how to mount them securely. a brand new set of tyc projection lamps are only around $135 shipped now on ebay and come in chrome, black, or silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TYC-01-03-HO...item3f0b307384
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

Well i already had those in black picked out. Im just reading your thread and looking for some ideas for projectors and stuff. Im kinda lost as you usually are when you are new to something.

Last edited by brodeisel; 10-30-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member

the easiest option for tycs are valeo d2s single xenon projectors. they fit without any real work, altho the original tyc mounting screws are a bit tight. you can jam it on there but it will only be held by the two lower bolts and no upper mount. not the best for aiming, but a good start and it should be fairly easy to add an upper mount for aiming. the valeos can be bought on ebay. if you do go with tycs, you need to open and reseal them anyway cause they are not properly sealed from the factory and will fog up over time. something like these valeos are a good fit. after installing these, you will need d2s hid bulbs and ballasts. and make a custom wire harness. i have the diagram for this already made if you need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D2S-VALEO-X-...item3f0f5285d5
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

Thanks looks like im gonna be saving up som money. So what would you think i need to do for the making it so i can aim them.
Old 10-31-2011
Premium Member

you could either make the custom mounting system in my thread, or reuse the stock tyc bolts for the bottom two holes, and then drill a third hole at the top and put a long bolt to the rear of the housing, maybe with a wingnut on the end to adjust with. members in the past have just used the two lower bolts, but you wouldnt really have a way to aim them up or down.