General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Darn Cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sonsonzai is an unknown quantity at this point
I got pulled over by two cops cars today, they stopped me and looked around my car, told me that I had no license plate at the front bumper, cleared head lights with blue bulbs in the head lights and signals. I told him that my head lights were white, he said that they were blue. thank god that they didn't ask me to raise up my car or find out I had tinted driver side windows. I need to fix this by 12/1. I wanna know if white head lights are legal?
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not downplaying this thread man, but they pulled you over because you have some illegal stuff on your car. We are all taking a risk @ doing this stuff to our cars hoping we wont be pulled over.
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

SLeePeR012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Y0, bimmers have blue lights and i have plasma white as head lites but when u look directly into the headlamp in the daytime without the lights on it has a real blue tint around the chrome inside the lamp. I really dont kno, but here in Chicago, IL. They been bishing about bright lights. Good luck man. Sorry to hear that.
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

HondaUSDM is an unknown quantity at this point
most "Crystal blue ion neon hiper HID look plazma xenon" bulbs aren't DOT approved anyways, giving you absolutely no case, unless u have piaa platinums or something like sylvania Cool Blues, which im guessing you don't if the cop thought they were blue. because those are without question white. when people sell those lights, they're for "off road use only" as with a lot of aftermarket fog lights, making them illegal. now, they got u for cleared headlights because that's for SAFETY. every car should emit amber or have an amber reflector somewhere within the front 180 degrees of the car. so then when you're pulling into a street from your driveway, people are SURE that that's the front of your car, if you have some hyper white bulbs up there, or even sometyms stock bulbs, it could give the impression that it's your reverse lights. i dont know why you're bitching because obviously you got off easy that they didn't get you for your tint or your drop. now whoever said BMWs have blue lights, that's REAL HID, that's a completely different story. different regulations because the blue HID gives off, is actually the unusable light that comes along with HID. Which is why blue "HID look" headlights are horrible in the rain because the blue spectrum scatters and gets displaced in bad weather. no case here unless u have the piaas or sylvania cool blues or phillips blue visions.
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
hey bro, im from the north bay and i see ur from the east bay, the law says that ur lights must be DOT approved and if you can show that to the judge or the police then they have to let you off the hook, because all bulbs have the manufactures name bulb size and weather or not they are dot approved on the bulb holder, the metal part of the bulb. If you can show them this then fine, but what i recommend you do is put your stock headlights and bulbs in, get some amber 7443 bulbs(turnsignals) and some white or stock parking lights. thats really all the advice i have for you, it sucks that we in california have the tuffest standards.
Old 11-04-2001
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
dude.. u can have white turn signals BUT you have to have a amber turn deflector like the ones on the integ and celica's!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

dablueXcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
In virginia, as long as the bulbs are SAE approved, thats fine! What kinda bulbs did you use?

The bulb would have to be approved for use as a replacement bulb that is
used in a turn signal light or other lights. If labeled, it would probably have "SAE E" or
"SAE I" on it.

Captain D. W. Robertson
Safety Officer
Old 11-04-2001
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
Hmmm I live in Bay Area. I went down to the DMV and bought me a vehicle code book for $3 and in there it says that turn signals can be either amber OR white. I don't know why the cop was hatin either... And what's up with the no front licience plate thing? Where I live, there are tons of brand new BMW's with no front plate, but a back plate. On the front they have a metal plate with a real (3d) BMW emblem on it. I don't know.

Here's what I would do. Either call, or ask a local police officer for their oppinion. Don't say that you got pulled over or nothing because then they would be on your case. Ask them in a kind and nice manner and be sure to say "Sir" after your done or where ever it fits. Ask them if you can have white (yes, I know you have blue ones) turn sigle bulbs because in the vehicle code book for California, it says that you can. If they say yes, you can. Ask them about the bulbs that are tinted blue. If they say no for these, the simple fix is just to go down, buy some new bulbs for your head lights/turn signals, and make sure they are white, but be sure to save the boxes that you bought them in. Once you do that, take your car in to be checked or whatever, and when you're done just put the original bulbs back in [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Make sure you buy the bulbs from a store that won't give you problems when you return them if they are opened. Buy then from like Walmart or something if they even sell bulbs to begin with [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] If not, I know that PepBoys doesn't care just as long as you have the reciept. Just tell them that these bulbs didn't fit.

Hope everything works out, let me know if you have any more questions.

P.S. I wonder why that happened to you, I have a white underglow kit, and I even drive around with it on, and I havn't gotten pulled over yet [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Sorry about your luck though [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

MJeffrey is an unknown quantity at this point
what color parking lights are we supposed to have ...mine are hyper but give off a blue look to it

Mike
Old 11-04-2001
Registered!!

HondaUSDM is an unknown quantity at this point
white implies clear bulbs a lot of times, just like stock headlights are often considered "white" because it's not really yellow, nor is it hypersuper duper ion white. it's considered a white light. as a rule of thumb, blue glass bulbs not only reduce output, but generally have something illegal about them.