7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID kit into Projector Housing= No glare?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
HID kit into Projector Housing= No glare?

If I were to install an HID conversion kit for my headlights at 6000k white, would the light look focused on an aftermarket headlight housing since they are projector headlights?

The headlight housing I would install would be these.
http://www.carid.com/2005-honda-civi...-12130549.html

And the HID kit would be Xentech brand 6000ks.

I don't want to put the safety of other drivers at risk by having glared headlights.
Old 11-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: HID kit into Projector Housing= No glare?

please don't get those hideous headlights they look so cheesy and there ebay garbage that will leak water and give off shitty light output get these instead.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181
they just bolt in your stock headlights. as for the hids theres no real reason to spend more then 40 dollars on a plug and play kit.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
Old 11-23-2013
Registered!!

Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lowlife9
please don't get those hideous headlights they look so cheesy and there ebay garbage that will leak water and give off shitty light output get these instead.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181
they just bolt in your stock headlights. as for the hids theres no real reason to spend more then 40 dollars on a plug and play kit.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
Thanks for the advice! So the projectors at @theretrosource.com are bolt on? That sounds good.
I dont like the color of my headlights though I want the frame to be black.
Old 11-23-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well yes they bolt into place but you have to remove and open your stock headlights to do it so you can just paint the inside black while its open. maybe use plasti-dip.
Old 11-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rustycivic is on a distinguished road

In the large Civic headlights, they pretty much just fit in, no modification necessary (this is assuming you get the Morimoto Mini H1s).

Check out Sports Auto Tech. The owner is a friend of my brother, and he sells the same exact kit as TRS (had to change the name slightly due to copyright) for $80 cheaper. Plus his customer service is unmatched.

http://sportsautotech.com/shop/compl...-retrofit-kit/
Old 11-24-2013
Registered!!

interesting

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-24-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

[QUOTE=rustycivic;4652777]In the large Civic headlights, they pretty much just fit in, no modification necessary (this is assuming you get the Morimoto Mini H1s).

Check out Sports Auto Tech. The owner is a friend of my brother, and he sells the same exact kit as TRS (had to change the name slightly due to copyright) for $80 cheaper. Plus his customer service is unmatched.

[url]http://sportsautotech.com/shop/complete-retrofit-kits/mini-v6-2-bixenon-h1-projectors

So im assuming these projectors are universal and you cant really go on their website and put "Year,Make,and Model," and also Im assuming the Minimoto H1s I get should be bi-xenon and fit an 05 Civic Coupe?
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Erf_Em2
So im assuming these projectors are universal and you cant really go on their website and put "Year,Make,and Model," and also Im assuming the Minimoto H1s I get should be bi-xenon and fit an 05 Civic Coupe?
Yes. They basically bolt into any headlight housing. If they fin on my brother's Accord (narrow headlights), they they will definitely fit in Civic headlights. And THe Mini H1s are bi-xenon. If you have any questions, the email the guys at SportsAutoTech. They're super helpful in choosing the right shrouds, and other options that you want.
Old 11-26-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It's not the "same" exact kit. TRS projectors and ballasts are made by Morimoto. So they are mini H1's but not Morimoto mini H1's.

Not saying that the Sports Auto kit isn't good, just not Morimoto.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
It's not the "same" exact kit. TRS projectors and ballasts are made by Morimoto. So they are mini H1's but not Morimoto mini H1's.

Not saying that the Sports Auto kit isn't good, just not Morimoto.

My car uses one bulb for low beam and another for high beams, will I be able to still get an improved HID low beam from one HID kit?
Old 11-26-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Correction*
If you have 2 seperate bulbs then you will just have low beam HID's.

That's what happens when I try to multitask.

Last edited by GolNat; 11-26-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: I'm a moron
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

Yes. Your one HID bulb will be your low and high beam so you will have HID low beams and HID high beams. The projector has a shield in it that flips down to allow more light through (this is your high beam).
And the website asks me to buy low beams or bi-xenons and it says both are compatible. Would I require a harness for H1 bulbs as well?
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

yeah i was wondering if they were identical or not there probably a chinese knock off. or maybe there both chinese made who knows ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2013
Prelude Owner

^ yea I was thinking op had an 01-03. I fail!

In that case I believe the high beam stays a regular hologen and he doesn't need a bi xenon projector.

*The Chinese make great counterfeit stuff. They look just like Morimoto's! The ballast are not even close but I don't think they are meant to be.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

yes but i don't think it really matters since the bixenon is set low beam by default. im sure it could potentially be wired to open when switched to high beam then op would have super double high beams.
Old 11-26-2013
Prelude Owner

True. That would be nice. He could use a relay to trigger the shield by using the signal from the high beam.

You can buy bi-xenon or regular projectors. All you need are standard ones. Bulb will be H1 for the mini's.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

i wonder if you could fit two sets on mini's in the 04-05 headlights.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

True. That would be nice. He could use a relay to trigger the shield by using the signal from the high beam.

You can buy bi-xenon or regular projectors. All you need are standard ones. Bulb will be H1 for the mini's.

Do I have to buy the HID kit also from TRFS.com?
Because DDMtuning had theirs going for 29.95 but I dont want to buy a kit thats not compatible with the projectors off TRFS.com.

And do the projectors (Morimoto H1s) include only one projector (for low beam) on each side requiring a second purchase for high beams? I saw this kit they were selling (over at theretrofitsource.com) for quad projectors idk what that was.
Old 11-27-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

from the retrofit source website - it's on their FAQ's...:

"If I have a separate halogen high beam bulb in my housing, can I still use a bi-xenon? How would I wire it?

Yes, though you technically only need a low beam projector (like a TSX, RX, or S2K-R) you can still use a bi-xenon projector. This way, you will have both a HID high beam and your original halogen high beam that will work together when the stalk inside the car is pulled. To wire it, you should simply run the 2 wires (+/-) that come out of the back of the projector over to the halogen high beam side of your housing and use some of our high beam splitters to divert power from your halogen high beam bulbs into the solenoid too. "

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech_q_and_a.php
Old 11-27-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
from the retrofit source website - it's on their FAQ's...:

"If I have a separate halogen high beam bulb in my housing, can I still use a bi-xenon? How would I wire it?

Yes, though you technically only need a low beam projector (like a TSX, RX, or S2K-R) you can still use a bi-xenon projector. This way, you will have both a HID high beam and your original halogen high beam that will work together when the stalk inside the car is pulled. To wire it, you should simply run the 2 wires (+/-) that come out of the back of the projector over to the halogen high beam side of your housing and use some of our high beam splitters to divert power from your halogen high beam bulbs into the solenoid too. "

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech_q_and_a.php
What if I want to leave my cars stock high beams halogen, and just convert the low beams to Xenon using the projectors?

So low beams will come on as normal HIDs, and high beams will require another notch and will turn on as halogens?

This is what many people do I see.
Old 11-27-2013
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by Erf_Em2
Do I have to buy the HID kit also from TRFS.com?
Because DDMtuning had theirs going for 29.95 but I dont want to buy a kit thats not compatible with the projectors off TRFS.com.

And do the projectors (Morimoto H1s) include only one projector (for low beam) on each side requiring a second purchase for high beams? I saw this kit they were selling (over at theretrofitsource.com) for quad projectors idk what that was.
No, you can buy the HID kit from DDM. The bi projectors have a single connector on them for the coil which is a universal connector. The bulbs just have to be H1 for the projectors. Harness has to be H1 for the bulbs.

That may have been a quad kit as in for a 4 wheeler or ATV.
Old 11-27-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just leave this here
Check out the official sale flyer here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ene...-thanksgiving/

SALE DETAILS

10% off all orders $100 or less! Coupon = TRSgiving10
15% off any order $150 or more! Coupon = TRSgiving15
20% off any order $200 or more! Coupon = TRSgiving20
25% off any order $300 or more! Coupon = TRSgiving25

!!Combine the coupons and Save more with these specially discounted items below!!

Projectors:
- Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 Bi-xenon Projectors: $90!
- Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 Bi-xenon Projectors: $70!
- FX-R 3.0 Bi-xenon Projectors: $100!
- Lexus RX-AFS/TSX-R Hybrids: $175!

Complete Retrofit Kits!
- Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini H1 Stage III Kits: $270!
- Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Kits: $295!
- Bi-xenon FX-R Stage III Kits: $315!

Other Retro Gear:
- Most Morimoto Elite HID Systems (all are discounted!): $125!
- Osram D2S CBI and SVS bulbs: $185! (yes, they're on sale!)
- New Black Series Clear Lenses! $25!
- OEM BMW LED Fog Lights: $100
- All Projector Shrouds: $30!
- Relay Harnesses: $25!

! Sale starts Wednesday and goes through Monday only! so eat some Turkey, sit back, and get your Black Friday on with TRS !

*We also have gift cards available that these discounts will apply to*

*The Black Friday coupons will not apply a discount to OEM ballasts or VIP projectors*
Old 12-07-2013
Registered!!

*Update*
Got my Morimoto H1 projectors a few days ago

Fog light installation is going on right now finishing tomorrow morning.

Thought might as well install the Morimoto H1s until my HID kit arrives.

Can I go ahead and install the the H1 Projectors by TRFS.com wit stock halogens, and install the HID kit later? or that would be a bad idea.
Old 12-07-2013
Prelude Owner

You can instal the projectors but your stock halogen's wont fit in there so you wont have any headlights.
Old 12-08-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how some H1 halogens will fare in the MH1...

But yes, GolNat is right. H4 bulb will NOT fit in the MH1 projectors.
Old 12-08-2013
Registered!!

You can instal the projectors but your stock halogen's wont fit in there so you wont have any headlights.

Once I order an HID kit Ill have to install the H1s. Right now they are just sitting in my room.

Can anyone take a look at my other thread? I need help with fog light installation.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...og-lights.html
Old 12-08-2013
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I wonder how some H1 halogens will fare in the MH1...
They would probably do pretty well. A projector would perform better then a reflector regardless of light type, IMO.
Old 12-25-2013
Registered!!

will post pics soon im on my phone AON. done with proj+hid
Old 01-07-2014
Registered!!

Smile Re: HID kit into Projector Housing= No glare?

As promised...

Here are the photos. I got the project done a month ago, but wanted to restore my headlights first before taking any photos.

And by the time the Pittman Original OneStep ALR arrived it was today, and it was worth the wait.

The formula is non abrasive, very strong, and one drop cleans one headlight of oxidation.

If anyone is interested in a safe way to clean headlights, pay this website a visit. Its LEGIT
http://pittmanautocare.com/alr.html

**In the last photo, you can only see one headlight, thats because the left headlight had condensation form opening up and the glue did not reseal all the way, hence once I cleaned the outer lens with Pittman ALR, I had fog from the inside of the left headlight in the last photo, so I decided to leave it out.

But the cleaner stuff really worked. And it came with a Pittman VaporWax conditioning formula to wax the headlight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	86245   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	86246   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	86247   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	134
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	86248  
Old 01-08-2014
Prelude Owner

Came out nice.

Not sure I completely agree with the pitman cleaner. My turtle wax kit was "safe" to me.