Question about Spyder Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
Question about Spyder Fog Lights

Here is the diagram that came with my fog lights.
http://www.spyderauto.com/download/l...stallation.pdf

The first time trying to test it all out, I forgot to hook up Power (White) and Ignition/On (Green), and when I tested my car out I put the battery backwards and blew the main 80AMP fuse in the hood's fuse box. After buying a new fuse, I decided to close the bumper and everything until I have time next week. Furthermore, the ground was not secured from the fog light harness.

I have drawn the (planned setup) is this correct or do I have to run everything through the passenger side?

http://postimg.org/image/oqzs84ctp/8e4b800e/

Last edited by Erf_Em2; 12-08-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Question about Spyder Fog Lights

You can run it however you like. OE way is passenger side.

Instal instructions for OEM fogs:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext01.html
Old 12-08-2013
Registered!!

Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GolNat
You can run it however you like. OE way is passenger side.

Instal instructions for OEM fogs:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext01.html

Where does the green wire go for ignition? I completely messed up big time because on the OE Handa manual it said "passenger" and i ran thru driver hence me cutting the switch/soldering extensions to reach the center consolle from drivers side. Now the green wire and white wire sit on top of the hood next to the water pump. White goes to the battery positive so im guessing if i extend the green wire into the fuse box next to the steering shaft my fog lights should work?
Old 12-08-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Green wire to key cylinder, the wire color I would have to look in the shop manual I can't remember.
Old 12-10-2013
Prelude Owner

Black/Red wire at key cylinder will provide you +12v is pos(II).
Old 12-18-2013
Registered!!

The green ignition wire I just spliced it into the hot white wire, then ran the white to the battery.

That way I can turn the lights on/off even when the cars not on.