7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Rice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BayouBengal is an unknown quantity at this point
No Rice!!!

I just got a 05 civic. i want to do some upgrades (not just pipe on the car) any ideas on were to start and avoid the rice label? ive had a person tell me first thing off is drop the car but this guy has also hydro locked 3 cars. so i really dont listen to him bring on some good ideas guys.
Old 02-10-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: No Rice!!!

Whats important to you... looks or performance?
Old 02-10-2010
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

I never really had fun with my car listening to others telling me what to upgrade. Just do what you want.
Old 02-11-2010
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah as foffie said, you'll be the best person to choose what to do to your car. There are so many different contributing factors that go into what you can or should do to your car.

If you're trying to avoid the rice stay away from: vents, scoops, most non-oem spoilers, most stickers and emblems, or any other cosmetic modification that implies high performance.

It depends on whatever you choose to upgrade first: suspension (coil overs/springs, struts, camber, support bars), engine (header/intake/exhaust), or interior/exterior styling (lips, lights, seats, etc). I would say suspension is the best place to start because I think handling most effects the pleasure and excitement of driving, but it's totally up to you.
Old 02-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you need to do what you like and not what everybody else tells you to do thats just ridiculous. also you must already have a recollection of what other people consider rice so why evan ask ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-11-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-12-2010
Registered!!

BayouBengal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoupedUp04
If you're trying to avoid the rice stay away from: vents, scoops, most non-oem spoilers, most stickers and emblems, or any other cosmetic modification that implies high performance.

It depends on whatever you choose to upgrade first: suspension (coil overs/springs, struts, camber, support bars), engine (header/intake/exhaust), or interior/exterior styling (lips, lights, seats, etc). I would say suspension is the best place to start because I think handling most effects the pleasure and excitement of driving, but it's totally up to you.

Thanks this was the info i was really trying to get thanks man!!! imma try and get a few pics of the car stock this weekend if the weather will clear up. (im in Louisiana and it snowed here today WTH.) Then as i add mods ill put some new ones up thanks for the response`s guys.
Old 02-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

this thred is rice.

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-12-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rice-A-Roni
Old 03-19-2010
Registered!!

b0yg0tskill is an unknown quantity at this point

I love rice. eat it everydya
Old 03-19-2010
Registered!!

seriously? you resurrect this already dead thread (and I mean dead dead- like FOUR WEEKS AGO dead) and come up with the genius comment of I love rice and eat it everyday? You know you didn't even spell everyday correctly?

I'm sure you have so many knowledgeable contributions just waiting to burst out, but lets not worry so much about your post count...
Old 03-19-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously? you resurrect this already dead thread (and I mean dead dead- like FOUR WEEKS AGO dead) and come up with the genius comment of I love rice and eat it everyday? You know you didn't even spell everyday correctly?

I'm sure you have so many knowledgeable contributions just waiting to burst out, but lets not worry so much about your post count...

Seriously? You have nothing better to do than hate on some new kid just joining the forum? What was it that offended you so much that you felt the need to flame this kid? Was it the unwitty comment itself, the lateness, or was it the typing error that really pissed you off?

Get real man.
Old 03-19-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Keepitmovin
Seriously? You have nothing better to do than hate on some new kid just joining the forum? What was it that offended you so much that you felt the need to flame this kid? Was it the unwitty comment itself, the lateness, or was it the typing error that really pissed you off?

Get real man.
You don't find it pathetic at all that someone would delve into the forum banks and leave useless comments just to boost their post count?

I was half joking, nothing really pissed me off. I just got a little intrigued when I saw someone had commented on this thread after so long and found that post. Not a huge deal. Definitely not "hating"... just stating the obvious. It's just not that hard to get involved in a beginner level thread conversation and contribute on-topic info.
Old 03-19-2010
Registered!!

PolishNProud is an unknown quantity at this point

trolls ...
Old 03-19-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

/thread
Old 03-20-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BayouBengal
I just got a 05 civic. i want to do some upgrades (not just pipe on the car) any ideas on were to start and avoid the rice label? ive had a person tell me first thing off is drop the car but this guy has also hydro locked 3 cars. so i really dont listen to him bring on some good ideas guys.
Okay, I thought my car was as far from rice as it got... But I got told on this forum that it was ricey. You tell me.
Name:  010.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  224.7 KB
Sooooo, with that being said, from what I gather, if ya do any kind of aftermarket modification to the exterior of your vehicle, someone, somewhere is gonna think its ricey. Like everyone else in this thread has said, do your thang main! Let what you like end up on it! Just one thing im sure all of us on this forum will agree on, DO NOT put a humongous spoiler on the back!!!! Other than that, make it look good to you bro.
Old 03-20-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't find it pathetic at all that someone would delve into the forum banks and leave useless comments just to boost their post count?

I was half joking, nothing really pissed me off. I just got a little intrigued when I saw someone had commented on this thread after so long and found that post. Not a huge deal. Definitely not "hating"... just stating the obvious. It's just not that hard to get involved in a beginner level thread conversation and contribute on-topic info.
It's whatever bro, I just dont see the point of taking the time to throw insults around at some random member for a "useless comment".

Boosting post count, are you serious? Why, so it can say Super duper senior member or whatever it is under your name? If people actually care about this then I will agree with u there... pathetic.
Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Keepitmovin
I just dont see the point of taking the time to throw insults around at some random member for a "useless comment".
Normally I wouldn't... but I couldn't hold myself back
Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

Yea im sure someone who only has 5 post to begin with isnt trying to just improve his post count by posting 'useless' ****. Just wanted to be part of this forum clearly!
Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

But then again i made that post just to bring me from 215 to 216
Old 03-21-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sk8nbmxr411
But then again i made that post just to bring me from 215 to 216
:rofl mao: