7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HX Catback...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roids87 is an unknown quantity at this point
HX Catback...?

i've been searching for a week straight now for a catback for an 01 HX...and im starting to think they dont exist. is there that big of a difference in the exhaust between models? if i were to get a lx/dx cat would it bolt up?
Old 06-07-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: HX Catback...?

correct me if im wrong, but if ur just getting a bolt on muffler, they are universal between all 7th gen models... header and cats differ, but otherwise its all the same
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

the muffler i knew would bolt up, but im looking for a full catback, and either they are impossible to find or they dont exist for the HX. also does any 1 know they piping size from header back? i've tried searching every where on **** about this car, and on this and a couple other forums...no 1 talks about them, and on search engines all i get is reviews.
Old 06-08-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

is the hx vtec or no vtec, i dont see many hxs
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

yea it's got the d17a6 vtec. i bought the car 3 months ago, and have seen 1 on the road...and i've seen no 1 on forums w/ 1.
Old 06-08-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

ok after looking around for a while...ive found out that the HX model with the d17a6 engine is a hybrid, i guess. its a fuel saver. apparently it has two catalytic converters. i doubt theres an exhaust existing for this car. you can probably get one custom made. for about 500$.. maybe more. but really it wont do anything...at all. u have a gas saver. even more of a gas saver than the ex models. better than the dx/lx but its still just not the pinacle of performance.
Old 06-08-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

on second thought im not quite sure if u have the hybrid version. can u show us a pic of ur car.. open ur manual up n it should say sumthing about hybrid. i duno...open ur hood, does it look liek a normal engine? im confused we need more specs. the d17a6 is a gas/electric motor. do u have a sedan.
Old 06-08-2007
Banned

the a6 isnt a hybrid, hybrid signifies gas/electric, it may be a gas saver, but prolly isnt any different than the other vtec, but i cant b sure..., check with honda
Old 06-08-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

500 bucks for a custom exhaust? your smoking rock dude. i wouldnt pay anything over 200 bucks unless its made out of titanium or 25k gold
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

my car is def. not a hybrid.

im not looking for any performance out of this car, it's a 1.7L...and it would cost way to much for even 20hp...it's just damn BORING to drive, it quiet and slow...only thing it has going for it is the 5sp tranny. im just looking for exhaust to make it a lil more fun.

from what i know of the car, the EPA rates it at 36/44mpg, and apparently comes with no factory options...atleast mine didnt. no a/c, no power windows, driver side power locks only, non powered mirrors...as base of a model as u can get pretty much.

here's a chart of a DX/HX/LX/EX comparisson

http://corporate.honda.com/press/art...20010104001151
Old 06-08-2007
This is Myspace

500 bucks isnt outrageous for a custom exhuast. alot of catback systems if u buy them from the actual companies that make them go for over 500. the reason u find them cheaper than that is cuz u search n look for deals. most people wont pay that much anyway. custom piping and stuff is about 200 with labor at the most. for a good muffler ur looking at over 100, plus a resonator. thats the kind of quotes i can find. thats if u want something good i guess..im sure u can find cheaper.

now the only reason i thought it was a hybrid was cuz of this :

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ors-d17a6.html

its a really old thread. i think the only reason ppl kept talking about the hybrid and went into the turbo subject was cuz one guy said it and eveyrone jus said well ok he's right...dont look at me

other than that the only other links i find dont say hybrid, they all say its just another vtec-e with less power than the ex. but apparently it has 2 cats... the answer to ur question is no they dont offer catback systems for ur car. ud have to make one from scratch.
Old 06-08-2007
This is Myspace

also to add on even more... the lx/dx models and ex models have different exhaust setups. the cat is integrated into the header for the lx/dx. since u have the vtec-e version IM GUESSING that the cat is seperate from the header like the ex version. the only way for us to really know, because of the lack of info online, is for u to get udner ur car and take pics or something......just trying to help
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

ok, thank you very much. i've been looking for an answer for quite some time.

im not gunna lie, the HX is damn awsome right now, gas blows, and im pickin up 470 to a tank...i had a 99 ram 1500 w/ a 5.9l v8 before i bought this...and yea...we wont get into that. but thanks again bro.