Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Would this be worthwhile??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REDchirp should not be trustedREDchirp should not be trusted
Arrow Would this be worthwhile??

I was browsing Ebay today, and on a boredom thing i actually checked to see if some D17 turbo kits were on there... rare i know, and usually not legit, but i came accross this kit..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...spagenameZWD1V

and it all looks pretty good and would run ya a little under a grand to pick up everything needed except you'd need somebody to build a custom DP to connect it all to your catback... and obviously you'd need to get your fuel ****, which SLP can take care of for pretty damn cheap... so all in all what do the Turbo guru's think of this??? shady?? does it look good? quality???
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
that looks like a lota work if your doin it yourself
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

TitoTheNightKid is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh and you have to loose the AC
Old 07-23-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
why would he have to lose ac?
Old 07-23-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TitoTheNightKid
yeh and you have to loose the AC
Like loosen the AC? learn grammar.
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

LoL... either way losing AC isn't an issue guys, i can work around that... lets get back on topic please
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

D3xn2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think they say you can keep your A/c with that kit..... not sure.... but call them up you never know and it would be a big plus.... all in all do it and tell us how it went
Old 07-23-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
you still need all the IC pipeing, and a fuel system. buy my kit $1600 +shipping, everything you need minus injectors.
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

IC piping was figured into the grand i estimated plus shipping from the seller... all thats left is a DP and Fuel and tuning...
Old 07-23-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
if you get the kit lemme know how it works i mite do the same atleast everything is brand new.. and it says for ic piping its like 160 or sumtin and also says you can keep the air.
Old 07-24-2006
spoolin by you

Spoolin should not be trustedSpoolin should not be trusted
hope you have a good welder or a hookup on welding cause you are going to need that manifold rewelded everytime it cracks, which is going to be often and i wouldnt be suprised if that intercooler and bov leaked boost
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

LoL, and your so sure of this because why??? you see a couple pics that are posted of it, brand new parts might i add, and have a great knowledge on all that **** having problems??? c'mon bro listen to yourself
Old 07-24-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Not worth it. Chances are the manifold will crack, looks like OBX, the turbo is probably a rebuild and that still leaves quite a bit to cover as far as bases.
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

ehhh it all looks alright to me, and as for the mani issue everybody keeps bringing up... Heat-wrap works wonders when wrapped properly on keeping the manifold from expanding too much to the point of cracking. hmmm i'm still in the deciding process on whether or not i wanna re-turbo my car or not, one one shoulder i have the "you a silly asshat for thinking about doing this **** again" and on the other shoulder "why not?"
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
good luck with that
Old 07-24-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
hahahahaha!

not it!
Old 07-24-2006
spoolin by you

Spoolin should not be trustedSpoolin should not be trusted
Originally Posted by REDchirp
ehhh it all looks alright to me, and as for the mani issue everybody keeps bringing up... Heat-wrap works wonders when wrapped properly on keeping the manifold from expanding too much to the point of cracking. hmmm i'm still in the deciding process on whether or not i wanna re-turbo my car or not, one one shoulder i have the "you a silly asshat for thinking about doing this **** again" and on the other shoulder "why not?"
actually heat wraping a manifold with that thin of piping and cheap welds will make it more likely to crack...
Old 07-24-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
Not worth it. Chances are the manifold will crack, looks like OBX, the turbo is probably a rebuild and that still leaves quite a bit to cover as far as bases.

I agree..........it looks like a OBX mani. You would be better off just buying a used kit from someone on the site.
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
I agree..........it looks like a OBX mani. You would be better off just buying a used kit from someone on the site.

Your prob right, but i don't like buying expensive used parts... thats a lotta money being throw to potential be picking up somebody elses junk that they couldn't deal with anymore, basically buying their problems... like they always say with used cars, buyer beware... i guess i'm just a lil leerie bout buying used **** that could be just as bad off or worse for the same amount of money as purchasing the "new" stuff...

I appreciate everyones input on this, but it just seems like i'd be picking the lesser of the two evils, and i'm not sure on which one that even is... soooo maybe i'll just continue to fart around for a couple months or so till i find a new ride....
Old 07-24-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Spoolin
actually heat wraping a manifold with that thin of piping and cheap welds will make it more likely to crack...
Amen
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

but none of us are for sure that a) its an OBX mani or b) that is has "cheap welds" so i still would rather a new one that i have a 90 day waurentee for to see if **** happens bad to it, that way i have some insurance on the product instead of buying someone elses junk...
Old 07-25-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
The pain will come on day 91
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
dood imo i think you should just go buy a new kit. go buy dezod v3 kit. then you wont have to worry abotu anything. its brand new, never used, and youll have no problems. dont buy cheap **** for your car. thats just a waste.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

do you have $4500 to lend to me???
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you veer though of putting together a custom kit? I mean how soon do you want to boost your civic? If not now, then why not just take your time buy a brand new parts here and there. So then you won't have to blow 4,500 all at once.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dezod

not worth it man. dezod knows what he is talking about. just look around for a mroe reputable kit.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

no offense, and really dezod no offense, but you are looking to make more money and sell more kits, i personally don't take vendor opinions into account when i'm looking to buy high priced items, too much money to take somebody thats selling on this sites opinion on the matter at hand...

and yes BBCentaur... i have put together my own kit before cost me over $4500 to get all the pieces and custom work done to in the end need about another $1000 in fuel to let that bitch ride out... didn't wanna do it 2 years ago and sold it all for $2000 out the door... thats why i'm trying to get back into it, and not scared to have the DP and other weld's mocked up myself... cause again, its not a problem...
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
but none of us are for sure that a) its an OBX mani or b) that is has "cheap welds" so i still would rather a new one that i have a 90 day waurentee for to see if **** happens bad to it, that way i have some insurance on the product instead of buying someone elses junk...
I'm trying to put you off buying this kit, but you need to understand that their turbochrger may the weakest link. I'm not saying it will break, but I'm more keen it not not going to work out.

About warranty: Usualy when manufacturer is confident that theit product is good, they give longer warranty.
TSI turbo kits (most bashed kit on these boards) have 1yr for parts and 5yr for manifold and piping. 90 days is kind of...not enough
Old 07-25-2006
7thgen Power Maker

no offense, and really dezod no offense, but you are looking to make more money and sell more kits, i personally don't take vendor opinions into account when i'm looking to buy high priced items, too much money to take somebody thats selling on this sites opinion on the matter at hand...

and yes BBCentaur... i have put together my own kit before cost me over $4500 to get all the pieces and custom work done to in the end need about another $1000 in fuel to let that bitch ride out... didn't wanna do it 2 years ago and sold it all for $2000 out the door... thats why i'm trying to get back into it, and not scared to have the DP and other weld's mocked up myself... cause again, its not a problem...
Ok. I know what your saying, but we did not plug our kit to you at all in this thread. Our customers did. Our quality and rep speaks for itself. These kits pretty much sell themselves too.

We are speaking from experience from our customers who went down the road your looking to, and end up spending more time and $$ doing it the way they should have from the start. I can not tell you how many calls we field we a week in that boat. Choice is yours and to be honest, I would be delighted if you came to us with your business, but we do not NEED it. WE VALUE IT. End of story.
Old 07-25-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone in this thread is telling you the truth man. We are all here because we don't want you to run the risk of having this thing fall apart on you, perhaps even in the middle of driving. We're looking out for your best interest here. There are plenty of used kits people are selling that don't have problems, and if you were already boosted as you've said before, then working out any minor kinks should be no problem for you. Needless to say, new or used, crappy and good, you're probably going to have a problem somewhere down the line. Everyone does. Whether it's minor or major is luck of the draw. It seems you've made up your choice here and are going to buy the ebay kit, so I don't feel that any other consulting from us is going to do you any good.

Quick Reply: Would this be worthwhile??