General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

HP Racing Header w/ Hi-Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
HP Racing Header w/ Hi-Flow Cat

hey guys and gals...
a few quick questions.... and yes, i already searched about this, but couldnt find the old thread. first off, im putting an HP 4-1 Race Header into my LX. so first thing is what exactly am i going to need to replace and alter? i know that there was talk about replacing our sway bar with a 19mm RSX sway bar... how necessary is this? and what do i do about the 3rd o2 sensor? obviously there are only 2 holes in the header/cat, and the LX uses 3 o2 sensors, so thats my second question. my last question is what else do i need to replace and/or alter prior to installation, aside from the possible motor mount cutting/shaving. all help would be great appreciated, and pictures would be even better. thanx everyone!!!!
u can also email this info to me at bluenvy@attbi.com
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
why not just get the kamakazi header? You will need an ex exhaust system i belive, because ur cat will be further down then whats ur lx one is.
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
my question is, if you get one of these hi-flow header, can you still pass emission tests? I heard you'll fail for sure
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

man, neither those were the answers i was lookin for! no, i do not believe i will pass emissions either with this header...but oh well, i'll throw on a DC when i have to have my car smoged. and yes, the kamikazi header probably would have been simpler, but it comes down to the fact that i want an EX conversion exhaust system because i want either a Greddy Evo Catback, or a Skunk2 MegaPower Catback, and neither are made in the LX trim.... so there for i MUST use an EX header, plus the HP Race Header brings more HorsePower than any of the other headers out there. i think i have this figured out already on my own, but if people would please help me on the TECHNICAL side of this...it would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that header a one piece that goes all the way down? I also am putting headers on my lx as well. My man who is taking care of the process has a DC header (top only) put on my car with a down pipe connecting to a high flow cat, connecting to my 2 1/4 pipe I have on my exhaust. He was telling me this set up would be much better than having a full header follow all the way down to a cat. He told me better performance would come outof this setup. Is this the setup your going to have or are you having a full header follow all the way down? Is there a difference in performance between the two. Also how much is this costing you? I was told $400 for parts and labor.
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

i have stock exhaust manifold and custom piping in right now, but im installing the 4-1 HP Race Header (1 piece), attached the HP Hi-Flow Cat, followed by either the Skunk2 MegaPower or Greddy EVO Catback exhaust. im not 100% on which catback im gonna get, but one of those two. i do know however that i will have to make some alterations to my car, just not sure which will be manditory until either someone tells me, or when i get my catback and just do the install myself. someone please tell if i will need the RSX sway bar, and what to do with the extra o2 sensor?!
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

dontgivafuc13 is an unknown quantity at this point
does DC make a 4-1 ceramic for the '02 civic EX yet? or'01 for that matter? and does a high performance header cause u to fail emissions?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
theyre not going to make a (legal) header that goes to the cat because on the downpipe, there is some sensor WELDED onto the tubing, this is why we get 5 hp at best out of a legal header and catback, were still restricted by the down pipe
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

wwwEuroticElectronicscom is an unknown quantity at this point
hi

check our site out at www.euroticelectronics.com www.ebaystores.com/euroticelectronics we are hp racings official dist online. we carry all hp line including the shorty chrome and ceramic header and the 4-1 chrome header with hi flow cat. we will match or beat any competetors pricing. we carry anytghing and everything for cars. if you cant find it just ask and we will get it for you. thank you for your time.