Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Hi-Flow Cat??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi-Flow Cat??

Does anyone recommend this mod over our stock cat.....reason being the purchase of the HP header with or without the cat, where the price difference is only 60 dollars.....???..My thinking is that 60 dollars isn't too bad if the Hi-flow cat is worth it......any experience with other cat mods in the past with any of the members????...Peace!
Old 02-18-2002
Roy
Registered!!

Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think a high-flow cat is worth it. It isn't really high-flowing, if you know what i mean. The best way to get better flow is to gut the cat, if you want to go in that direction. So no, i don't think it's worth the money. But if you did want to get one, i would recomend Car Sound.
Old 02-18-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
it is illegal to replace a functioning cat. don't ask me how they would be able to tell (maybe at an inspection)
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would be willing to try a hi-flow cat just for sh its and giggles.
After my warranty is up, if I haven't already replaced it, I will gut that cat out and just make good
friends with some guy that does insoections so he can hook me up...it's easy to do !! Late !!
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

MagnaflowGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't waste your money! Honda , Acura,Nissan,Toyota,etc... all make very good flowing converters, unless your gonna push Big HP on your 2k1(200+) don't bother, there is no difference....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Thanks guys....my feelings pretty much as well...but you know we all kinda like to here it from other experienced car lovers...Peace!
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid question here...a aftermarket high-flow cat is basically just a larger cat...the diamater of the tube the air flows through is just increased no?
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Although I feel no question is stupid!!!!!!....that is why I was asking about the Hi-flow cat...hell anyone can say there product is Hi-flow and never push more cfs of exhaust through the cat any better than the OEM set-up.....so again that is why I asked....if we all took manufacturers word on every product...we'd all be broke!!....Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe...sorry I think I wrote that last post wrong... I meant I was asking a stupid question about how a high flow cat functions in comparison to a stock one. Sorry...I should word my post better and learn english [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

LOL......ohh, well I guess I could have read it differently too!!!........well no harm done..Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

uicmedruss is an unknown quantity at this point

<< ....if we all took manufacturers word on every product...we'd all be broke!!....Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] >>

wait...so that vtech indicator light I was gonna buy WON'T take a full second off my quarter mile time?! awwwwwww man! well, now I feel better for not trying to win that auction that someone was making fun of on here a while back...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

If anyone remembers what auction I am talking about, did anyone ever get a pic of the "horsepower boosters" that guy was advertising? I need a good laugh today...