Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Hi-Flow Cat?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/24594-hi-flow-cat.html)

ALLMAN 02-18-2002 01:34 PM

Hi-Flow Cat??

Does anyone recommend this mod over our stock cat.....reason being the purchase of the HP header with or without the cat, where the price difference is only 60 dollars.....???..My thinking is that 60 dollars isn't too bad if the Hi-flow cat is worth it......any experience with other cat mods in the past with any of the members????...Peace!

Roy 02-18-2002 01:47 PM

I don't think a high-flow cat is worth it. It isn't really high-flowing, if you know what i mean. The best way to get better flow is to gut the cat, if you want to go in that direction. So no, i don't think it's worth the money. But if you did want to get one, i would recomend Car Sound.

blouisgod 02-18-2002 01:55 PM

it is illegal to replace a functioning cat. don't ask me how they would be able to tell (maybe at an inspection):susp:

antidote11 02-18-2002 02:02 PM

I would be willing to try a hi-flow cat just for sh its and giggles.
After my warranty is up, if I haven't already replaced it, I will gut that cat out and just make good
friends with some guy that does insoections so he can hook me up...it's easy to do !! Late !!

MagnaflowGuy 02-18-2002 02:05 PM

Don't waste your money! Honda , Acura,Nissan,Toyota,etc... all make very good flowing converters, unless your gonna push Big HP on your 2k1(200+) don't bother, there is no difference....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

ALLMAN 02-18-2002 07:36 PM

Thanks guys....my feelings pretty much as well...but you know we all kinda like to here it from other experienced car lovers...Peace!

nbpEMCivic 02-18-2002 07:41 PM

Stupid question here...a aftermarket high-flow cat is basically just a larger cat...the diamater of the tube the air flows through is just increased no?

ALLMAN 02-18-2002 07:53 PM

Although I feel no question is stupid!!!!!!....that is why I was asking about the Hi-flow cat...hell anyone can say there product is Hi-flow and never push more cfs of exhaust through the cat any better than the OEM set-up.....so again that is why I asked....if we all took manufacturers word on every product...we'd all be broke!!....Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

nbpEMCivic 02-18-2002 11:44 PM

hehe...sorry I think I wrote that last post wrong... I meant I was asking a stupid question about how a high flow cat functions in comparison to a stock one. Sorry...I should word my post better and learn english [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

ALLMAN 02-20-2002 07:56 AM

LOL......ohh, well I guess I could have read it differently too!!!........well no harm done..Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

uicmedruss 02-21-2002 12:39 AM

<< ....if we all took manufacturers word on every product...we'd all be broke!!....Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] >>

wait...so that vtech indicator light I was gonna buy WON'T take a full second off my quarter mile time?! awwwwwww man! well, now I feel better for not trying to win that auction that someone was making fun of on here a while back...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

If anyone remembers what auction I am talking about, did anyone ever get a pic of the "horsepower boosters" that guy was advertising? I need a good laugh today...