General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Lowering- Negative Camber issues

Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Lowering- Negative Camber issues

I bought my 99 Si a couple of months ago and it is lowered. The problem is that no one fixed the camber when they lowered it. Before I possibly waste my time getting it aligned...

Do I need a camber kit or just an alignment?

Old 08-29-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: Lowering- Negative Camber issues

From the looks of it you are at bout 2 inch drop or so. So if so then you will need a camber kit cause your stock upper camber arm will not be able to adjust the camber all the way.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Thanks.

Where is a good place to get one? What is a good brand?
Old 08-29-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

any amount of drop requires camber kit. SPC or ingalls are both good
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice

Please get rid of the front bumper and wing.
just a suggestion
Old 08-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just be careful.
you will need new arms in the fronts, since yours is a 99. the bolts only will do you no good.
http://www.skunk2.com/suspension_tuning.php
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pon55
Please get rid of the front bumper and wing.
just a suggestion
The wing is already gone that's an old pic. The bumber is staying for now cause it's not broken and I got bigger fish to fry.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
The wing is already gone that's an old pic. The bumber is staying for now cause it's not broken and I got bigger fish to fry.
good reply
Good luck with everything.
Old 08-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

now to be clear:
yours will gain negative camber front and rear with compression. If you don't do hard cornering, in the long run you might have camber wear in the tires, but in the long run.
The camber kit is more important for the 01+, for the front almost does not change the camber, while the rears gain (a lot). this unbalances the car, so camber correction is more important.
In yours, could not be an urgent issue.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

It needs new tires right now because of this issue. this is not the first car i have owned that has had this issue so I know that it eats up tires quickly and hurts overall traction. The fronts are completely bald on the inside of the tire (only about an inch wide) and the rest looks fine. It is urgent enought for the front but not for the back. The back is wearing decently. I will post pics later.
Old 08-30-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

BTW, what camber numbers are you running now? If you have them, i mean.