Suspension techs - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products
Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2001   #1  
Registered!!

JeffSpeed21 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am buying neuspeed race springs which give a 2.25" drop in front and a 2" drop in back;(i think). usually a 2" drop will commit a little more than 2 degrees of negative camber; probally no more than 2.50 degrees. so my question is will the Eibach alignment kit work that gives the adjustment of 3(-) to 3(+)degrees.
I know neuspeed does not have a good reputation here because of the handling, but im also changing the shocks and struts with (if soon) koni. also does any1 know who else is out for struts, shocks and camber kits i can BUY from.
JeffSpeed21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001   #2  
Registered!!

newshus is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Neuspeed race and the Ingals Camber kit. Both of these work great together. My friend is a tech at Honda so he helped me put them in on his day off. I don't even need an alignment because he did such a good job. If you get the Ingals kit make sure you get two sets for the front as you will need one kit per side. Each kit comes with 2 bolts. And if you have rims and tires you will have to 'roll' the rear fender well. I have 17's with 205/40/17 and they would scrape over every little bump. Now that the fender is rolled there is no more worry.
newshus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001   #3  
Registered!!

JeffSpeed21 is an unknown quantity at this point
newshus where did you get the ingalls?
what do you mean by roll the rear fenders and is the rear only affected?
and how are your shocks and struts?
JeffSpeed21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001   #4  
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
how do you roll your fenders?
VNlilMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001   #5  
Registered!!

newshus is an unknown quantity at this point
How to roll your inner fenders: make one inch stress cuts around the wheel well on the lip over the tire towards the body of the car every few inches. Then take a ballpeen hammer and tap the metal back towards the roof of the wheel well. Viola. Now, when the tire bounces towards the car it won't rub against that metal. I got the Ingals kit through my work from our distributor Wheels Plus. The rear was the only one affected by the rubbing. The shocks and struts are just crappy. Waiting to get new ones when they come out.
newshus is offline   Reply With Quote