General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

windshield washer problem on 07 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mjlenz is an unknown quantity at this point
windshield washer problem on 07 coupe

Hi,
I have an 07 ex coupe that I just bought as a salvage title car. The windshield washer isn't working. I can't hear the motor run when I try to operate it so I'm wondering if something got disconnected when they replaced the damaged parts on the front right corner. I think I need to get behind the passenger fender splash guard. Right? If so how do I get the guard off without damaging the clips and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: windshield washer problem on 07 coupe

most likely the bumper has to come off to really be able to see everything. it may just be clogged nozzles, so pull off the hose from the nozzles and then run the washer again. if liquid pours out, you know its the nozzles. otherwise it may be the pump that is bolted to the tank. i doubt they forgot to plug any lines back in because you would have a huge pool of fluid on the ground. that stuff pours out if a line is disconnected.
Old 06-02-2009
Registered!!

Thx for the reply. It's not the nozzles, damn. What I was wondering is if they may have left the electrical connector off of the motor. I assume the motor is electric. So I have to remove the bumper to get to the pump motor?
Old 06-03-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well do you hear it making that loud buzzzzz sound? thats the motor/pump working. if you can hear it, chances are they plugged it in. but yeah bumper has to come off so you have access to the tank and pump. it may be some blockage in one of the lines or in the pump itself.
Old 06-03-2009
Registered!!

No I don't get any buzzz sound. I'll have to tear into it tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find or I'll be back on here asking more questions. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-03-2009
Premium Member

most likely you need a new washer pump which is the lil black thing attached to the tank. either that or they forgot to plug it back in.