Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

I had a thought

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I had a thought

I was at my dealership on Friday picking up my car, and saw an Accord. I noticed that they have body-colored windshield washers. I have people on here talking about painting them, but seeing as the ones on the 2k1 suck, do you think the ones on the Accord might be better, or not. And the one question is do you think they might fit. I dont think they could cost that much could they? I dont like the look of the black ones on my silver coupe. I might just have to run to the dealership to find out about this.

Edit: do you also think you might be able to add the trunk pop gizmo from an Accord. I am going to have an alarm with remote start put in, and since the Civic doesnt even have an electronic thing, we just have that pull cord system thing.
Old 12-10-2001
Registered!!

Inspired2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
as far as the trunk goes, you can pay a little more when you buy an aftermarket alarm and get the trunk part put it.
Old 12-10-2001
Registered!!

CivicEX2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
you can DIY the windshield wipers, although there isn't a DIY on this site yet, you can easily do it. also, the trunk relase should be taken care of when you get a new alarm. there should be a gizmo that opens the trunk for you. and since you are getting an alarm that looks like it will be expensive (remote start) your alarm should come with something to pop your trunk for u[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-10-2001
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
AutoLoc has a trunk popper kit that I have on
my car and I really like it too. Also, you can get a 16 function control box to unlock
your doors, remote start, turn your neons and or stobes on and off.

Check it out, it might be worth your time.
Old 03-28-2003
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
Or do the simple way and get the trunk assembly from a 2000 Accord ($25) and bolt it in yourself.
I can't remember the site I got mine, but PM "Krepoort", he'll remember, he has one also. the one s that an alarm shop will give you most likely will be costly or downright ugly (pending the install location).