General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Turbo kit on HND civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Measure your manifold from end to end...
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by micks7thgen
he is a noob we had to mess with him

and your what there my noobie friend?
Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

CivicLX_Black should not be trustedCivicLX_Black should not be trusted
i heard from a person who bought it that it was to long or something like that and interfiered witht the A/C and some other part
Look at OBX:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-D...spagenameZWDVW

Also take a really look of how long it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-0...spagenameZWDVW

Now there is a company that llok like it would work. IT looks more equal length but i could be wrong. TSUDO look:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TSUDO...spagenameZWDVW
Old 03-23-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. And I thought this thread was dead by now. I hope the Russian guy isn't.

By the way, if I were to turbo, I'd buy Dezod's stuff. Iunno. I trust 'em.

Last edited by ramcosca; 03-23-2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-23-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Anyone ever go to bangbus.com? They have some hot chicks!
Old 03-23-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute

Muahahaha!!!!

Nah, man. Out of the OxPass sites I prefer bigtitsroundasses.com
It just sums up what I like
That new episode, Double Dipped simply rules
Carmella
Kerra
Brandy!

Last edited by ramcosca; 03-23-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2006
Premium Member

No doubt. I need some new passwords...
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

CivicLX_Black should not be trustedCivicLX_Black should not be trusted
I know you do it but just keep it to yourselves. Getting the word out is just another reason for people to think your a perv and very very very single. Not alway the best thing
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by CivicLX_Black
I know you do it but just keep it to yourselves. Getting the word out is just another reason for people to think your a perv and very very very single. Not alway the best thing
What the hell are you talking about n00b?

I am a perv, yes, but so is my girlfriend. You shoulnd't comment on things you don't know, idiot. If you wern't such a n00b you'd already know I have a girl (and guys pretty much want her very much, also). So if you don't wanna continue converting yourself into a d*ck, don't act like one.
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
ok maybe its just me but boosting a car isnt as hard as people think. the hardest part is tuning. to me it also looks just like a d17. i think a d17 manifold should fit and if it doesnt it should be able to be modified to fit fairly easy. you can ebay intercooler piping and peice it together as well as the proper size intercooler. then you need BOV wastegate which if you dont have a bunch of experience and fabrication is hard for you then do an internal wastegate with a electronic boost controller. other than that a set of rsx injectors and a AEM EMS and your pretty much set. that would be a basic kit for any car. i think the biggest problem is finding a USDM piggyback or stand alone like EMS to work with the ecu his car comes with. but if he is serious its really not hard to piece together a turbo kit for a car. i have done it several times now. not on this car but my truck and other kits for friends! realistically if he didnt want to bother with a manifold he could do a remote mounted kit and just have a remote pipe come off of the stock manifold to where ever he wants to place the turbo
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by familycar
ok maybe its just me but boosting a car isnt as hard as people think. the hardest part is tuning. to me it also looks just like a d17. i think a d17 manifold should fit and if it doesnt it should be able to be modified to fit fairly easy. you can ebay intercooler piping and peice it together as well as the proper size intercooler. then you need BOV wastegate which if you dont have a bunch of experience and fabrication is hard for you then do an internal wastegate with a electronic boost controller. other than that a set of rsx injectors and a AEM EMS and your pretty much set. that would be a basic kit for any car. i think the biggest problem is finding a USDM piggyback or stand alone like EMS to work with the ecu his car comes with. but if he is serious its really not hard to piece together a turbo kit for a car. i have done it several times now. not on this car but my truck and other kits for friends! realistically if he didnt want to bother with a manifold he could do a remote mounted kit and just have a remote pipe come off of the stock manifold to where ever he wants to place the turbo
Thanks for the help, familycar, but... you did notice that this thread had been dead for months now and Rufus restarted it on another topic, didn't you?
And turboing a truck? Sweet! What truck was it?

Thanks for the help though, it would have been greatly appreciated. I found it interestngly helpful.
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Thanks for the help, familycar, but... you did notice that this thread had been dead for months now and Rufus restarted it on another topic, didn't you?
And turboing a truck? Sweet! What truck was it?

Thanks for the help though, it would have been greatly appreciated. I found it interestngly helpful.
actually no i wasnt paying attention to the post date but yeah boosting a car isnt as involved as most people think. i have a 01 s10 2.2l 4cyl that i made 200whp with on 8psi of boost(89whp stock). the truck is almost back to stock now becasue i am getting rid of it. the truck was actually a great platform to turbo. it has whats called flex fuel system which means it can run off of e85 ethanol or pump gas. well ethanol isnt as combustable so it requires a larger volume of fuel to be pumped to run correctly. well that worked great for turbo becasue @ 8psi the stock injectors and pump work great. so all that is needed is a fuel controller like afc or what i used was a cartech adjustable FMU. guys push 12+ psi on a stock system with a 14b and front mount. but i used a t3t4 50 trim with a .48 ar. spooled quickly and pushed plenty of cfm for the motor. i am going to purchase a eg hatch in the next couple of weeks. that is going to be my new project. i still am going to finish the work on my es1 but i am going to build the eg as well. i want to make about 550-600whp with a b16. i want a 11 sec street car and track with slicks 10's. i can reccomend a GREAT book if your interested in forced induction. it will tech you about everything you need to know to boost any vehicle. its called "Maximum Boost" by Corkey Bell. i reccomend that book to anyone wanting or still learning about forced induction
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Although I'm not interested in boosting my car, I will search for the book. I've always been interested in turbos and their functions.

By the way, was your truck one of these?
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Although I'm not interested in boosting my car, I will search for the book. I've always been interested in turbos and their functions.

By the way, was your truck one of these?
it wasnt an extreme but in a sense yes. you can see pics in my gallery. it was the wings west truck. in the pics it wasnt boosted i actually had a computer crash on me and lost a bunch of pics i used to have of her. those are pretty much all i have left. cry: but if you know of anyone who has a 4cyl s10 i could walk them through the whole kit and install. even if its not a flex fuel. the non flex are a bit more difficult and cant really handle much more than 4-6psi but can still make about the same power if the set up is done correctly. i know of a site that has all sorts of boosted s10's. one guy is running a fully built LS1 that ran 10.62's on nitrous and he has now rebuilt the motor with twin turbos hoping to make about 1000whp. looks stock besides a drop and wheels too until you pop the hood that is
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry a question for ramcosca.... are u a *******? or *****???
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

An LS1 on a truck? Hahahaha! I never thought I'd see the day!! Very sweet man.
Ah, I don't like billet grilles that much but man! Your application is simply awesome! I like it very much, thank you!

I know no one who owns an S10, though. Not many people around my friend's circle has an American car, let alone a small pickup. It depends on tastes and it seems not many of my friends have these tastes. Most of us have Hondas, Acuras and Scions

I am a he. The avatar is my she (ie. girlfriend).

And that question was really off topic. No, not off topic. More like off forum.

Last edited by ramcosca; 03-24-2006 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

An LS1 on a truck? Hahahaha! I never thought I'd see the day!! Very sweet man.
Ah, I don't like billet grilles that much but man! Your application is simply awesome! I like it very much, thank you!

I know no one who owns an S10, though. Not many people around my friend's circle has an American car, let alone a small pickup. It depends on tastes and it seems not many of my friends have these tastes. Most of us have Hondas, Acuras and Scions

I am a he. The avatar is my she (ie. girlfriend).
actually an LS1 is a common swap for these trucks. its like doing a bseries swap in a EG or k series in a 7th gen. they have complete kits cheap. LS1's and carb 350's are very common in the s10 world. see i really dont have a actual prefrence. i love all auto's just not automatics. i have friends that drive boosted hatches, evo's, STI's, sc'd focus, built bugs, bagged full size truck and lifted full size. i have pics of another frined truck that is fully caged front to rear with a 4 linked rear end and extended i beams and radius arms to make 20" + of travel in front and 30"+ of travel in the rear. its for going 100+ across the desert. i am all about vehcile no matter what the make model or set up. i may not like the way someone fixes up a car sometimes but that doesnt mean i dont have respect for the build they did.

this question is for boostedvik-

do you actually have a turbo or do you just like to front????

Last edited by familycar; 03-24-2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by familycar
i have pics of another frined truck that is fully caged front to rear with a 4 linked rear end and extended i beams and radius arms to make 20" + of travel in front and 30"+ of travel in the rear
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

here are some of his during part of the build. some things have changed since becasue when it goes out he usually breaks something that isnt built and it just keeps getting better and stronger. he just bent the radius arms in half and ripped up his i beam mounts so they had to be cut off and custom ones welded on and new radius arms. this truck has seen a few rolllovers already but it just gets turned over and keeps rompin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_001[1].jpg
Views:	62
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	65338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_002.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	65339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_003.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	65340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_004.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	65341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_005.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	65342  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_006.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	65343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_007.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	65344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_008.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	65345  
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

here are a couple of other trucks in the shop. the white one is getting a whole back half frame and the other used to be a ranger but it gor rolled hard and some of the tubing got bent so he cut off the cab and fixed the tubes and now just romps it with out a body. these guys really know how to build trucks man they go through whoops and ruts at 100+mph and just love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_009.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	65346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_010.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	65347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_101505_011.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	65348  
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

that good enough
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Wow, amazing. You don't get to see things like that over here, man. It's mostly dropped cars, all the time
I've seen around... three raised trucks total in all my life. And people don't frame trucks since there's no place (that I know of) that using it would be fun. That's the only downside to living here in Puerto Rico.
Anyways, if they roll at speeds and keep on running is simply cuz they love the sport! Those are the guys who deserve to keep going!

Thanks for the pics