General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Thanks Opto isolator !

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Opto isolator !

When Opto mentioned he bought a Elmscan tool with Digimoto software i had been looking into it and figured id give it a shot.

is a WAY cool toy and VERY informative Tool!

http://www.digimoto.com/order.htm

to Opto_isolator
Old 06-20-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Looks cool. What can you do with it?
Old 06-20-2004
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Is it a diagnostic tool?
Old 06-20-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
Originally Posted by blouisgod
Is it a diagnostic tool?
thats what it looks like to me?
Old 06-20-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
its used to scan the cars computer to find trouble codes and also can be used to tune the car to some degree. It displays all the cars sensors and thier output. It can be used as a dyno to some degree, granted not perfect but it could be used to judge changes i would think. I havent yet got my computer set up IN the car yet so i havent tested the dyno and 1/4 mile time part of it
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
its used to scan the cars computer to find trouble codes and also can be used to tune the car to some degree. It displays all the cars sensors and thier output. It can be used as a dyno to some degree, granted not perfect but it could be used to judge changes i would think. I havent yet got my computer set up IN the car yet so i havent tested the dyno and 1/4 mile time part of it
Definitely a cool setup....However, I have noticed (at least with mine) that there seems to be a software bug with logging the MAP sensor data. I have tried the freeware software packages out there, and they seem to work fine - yet they are freeware for a reason (not as good the one that came with the tool itself).

I have logged a lot of data with it myself - its a good thing to do before just slapping a turbo or nitrous on - to see how the car responds to changes in load (ie timing, A/F ratios, etc). In fact that was my main reason to buy it, to figure some things out before installing my turbo kit - sort of having a baseline to compare things to.

Glad you like it!